Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Not sure why you are dragging Limerick into this debate.

Two rounds of the club hurling championship played so far, with big crowds at all grades. Then four weeks off for clubs to either train away or play football. Then three weeks straight of club hurling again, with a possible quarter final/relegation match two weeks after that.

Better again if you are in the premier intermediate with 7 group matches.

It’s an excellent system. Four grades and generally the standard is fairly even across the board, with few enough mismatches.

This isn’t Tipperary with 32 or 48 senior teams. This is lean and mean and feeds into the all conquering intercounty side.

3 Likes

Broken record mate. Unfortunately you live in a part of the country where club hurling is extremely poor and uncompetitive. That is the way it falls.

2 Likes

The lads from Ferns would beg to differ I’d say. They basked in the glory during lovely summer heat.

1 Like

I live in Waterford, who’s representative are the current All Ireland Club Senior Club Hurling Champions.

You were blowing up the merits of the Cork Senior Hurling Championship there. I’m off to consult the record books to find out the last time a Cork club last won the All Ireland Senior Club Hurling Championship.

What time does the Sunday Game start tonight lads?

1 Like

You’ll have to make so with the renewal of the 1991 FA Cup Final on Match of the Day.

Is he living in cork too?

Better team lost that day too.

I see lads are proving their GAELness now by watching micky mouse club games recorded from some fellas iphone, the kind of shite not even TnaG would bother covering back in the day

At least the GAA coverage didn’t interfere with you watching the action at the City Ground, wasn’t it handy for you.

What GAA coverage?

Ooooft

Most hurling people would know.

While lads always went away, i always found it was more likely to be ‘non players’ in a parish who’d emigrate as the club/county often kept fellas around who would otherwise be gone.

Now that both Club and County seasons are being dumbed down, we are seeing more and more head away which never really happened before. The prestige of it all and sense of occasion around the games is being eroded away.

1 Like

This is dangerously incorrect

1 Like

Clubs being knocked out and finished hurling in August is absolutely awful for the game.

It totally defeats the purpose of your argument.

I just don’t think that’s true and even if it is I don’t see it as a bad thing. People should see as much of the world as they can while they’re young

It is anecdotal anecdotey.

People are making stuff up.

3 teams at most competitive in Waterford. Cork championship might not be the best at the moment but more drama in one day tday than whole of Waterford and Carlow championship put together.

Did Forest win?