Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

One of corks best prospects Ben o Connor has to pick between gaa and rugby

Hasn’t helped junior rugby anyway the season has started and gaa championships only coming to the boil

2 Likes

Charleville best Rugby player playing junior football yday

What’s your overall solution so?

Not many of the hurlers playing rugby. Are Charleville any good at the rugby?

Well he is going to be a professional rugby player so hard to blame him.

Oh look, the “I’m alright Jack’s” from Limerick are out in force again. The overall game comes first

Only one team wins the All Ireland so everyone else will be looking to start earlier and earlier. Liam Cahill, Davy Fitz and Pat Ryan will definitely all be getting their teams back in training next month. Probably Lohan, BDE, Lyng, KH and Micheal Donoghue too.

There was once an Intercounty Training Ban up to January 1st but that seems to have completely fallen by the way side with the split season.

Its not a positive development.

5 Likes

Is that a bad thing?

Not really

40 years ago today…

5 Likes

It’s not for the GAA for sure. I would argue it definitely is for young fellas who would like to play more than one sport

More lies

1 Like

Well I’d say no. Must of the bullshit about playing different sports is gone now for obvious reasons but where lads have to pick gaa is going to lose out almost every time due to the shambolic season.

It’s like Michael knew it was going to happen “and here they come” - a legend of a commentator. Never replaced.

4 Likes

Most clueless statement of all time

1 Like

Would they be taking other substances? I know anytime we’ve reached a county final in recent years that a fair crew of lads would be booking the week off work to celebrate or drown their sorrows.

There were instances where a team won a senior title on a Saturday and were out in Leinster on the Sunday. It happened to Portlaoise back around 2016 and Glenhealy hurlers in Wicklow before too.

I’d say MLR and St Mullins would have a decent chance of beating the Cork senior hurling champions of recent years. Eire Og nearly beat Ballyboden in a Leinster football final just before Covid and haven’t even won Carlow senior the last two years. No need to be such a club snob, particularly when I’d say you’ve watched the sum total of 0 matches from the county in question.

In any case I’m fairly sure he’s said multiple times that he lives in Waterford.

1 Like

The split season zealots brought the end of the big rural families the bastards. Encouraging contraception, tis families of 10+ we need to make rural Ireland strong again!

2 Likes

A perfect example of why we were controlled by a few Jeremys in Dublin Castle for so long.

Lads falling all over themselves to defend chairman tan and he sneering out the side of his mouth calling them Paddy

1 Like