Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I love my hurling but midweek championship hurling in October under lights is an insult to the players.

Probably be worse if they played it in the dark.

1 Like

Its the midweek under lights games in October that are remembered for years.

The famous Vincentā€™s v Ballymun Dublin semi final in 2016 being a classic of this genre.

There was an epic few games involving my beloved Drom, Thurles and Upperchurch played midweek in Templetuohy in 2018 over the course of 8 days after an unlikely series of results in the group stages meaning a three way round robin was necessary to decide what 2 teams would go through to the knockout stages.

1 Like

Simply incredible times. They flocked in their droves to Templetuohy for some Wednesday night lights.

Then Loughmore had to play Kilenaule in a Preliminary Quarter Final under lights in Borrisileigh the same year. Buff travelled up from Kilgarvan for it.

Drom were dumped out by Mullinahone in 2010 in another Thursday night lights game at Semple.

Mullinahone only went and beat Nenagh the following Monday. Loughmore beat Borrisileigh the same night.

Exceedingly attractive double headers in the Stadium as there was a mad rush following the All Ireland double.

Halcyon days.

1 Like

Whatever about mid week games I really cannot understand why county boardā€™s arenā€™t pushing for more Friday night games.

The game of the weekend in Tipp this week could well be in Clonoulty tomorrow night.

1 Like

Ahh leave it out :laughing::laughing:

Iā€™m sure @TreatyStones and @StoneCold will be in attendance to see their beloved Drom.

Weā€™ll have to clear the calendars for Kileedy yet. I wonā€™t be bringing cash for the cunts this time

1 Like

Kileedy will no doubt have a tap and go card machine ready the cunts.

Playing matches under lights this winter is an abomination do they not know weā€™re in an energy crisis

Pretty sure I will be

1 Like

Great stuff. I may tip over myself if circumstances allow.

Clonoulty under lights on a Friday night is always a fantastic occasion.

1 Like

Sorry i misread your post, itā€™s the stadium on Sunday where Iā€™ll most likely be going.

1 Like

Friday night lights creates a good buzz for a championship game usually. Although having the extra bit of sleep on a Saturday/Sunday morning is very beneficial before a championship game.

1 Like

Iā€™m expecting fireworks from the Athletic Grounds in Armagh tonight. It will probably see a delayed throw in due to crowd congestion.

Good to see @Aristotle @Massey @CillDioma all supporting the split season

ā€˜He was always destined to rise to the topā€™ - Limerickā€™s star helping his club end 80-year wait 'He was always destined to rise to the top' - Limerick's star helping his club end 80-year wait

3 Likes

Joe Brolly calling out Cusackā€¦

ā€˜Split season has invigorated clubsā€¦ if Donal Ɠg Cusack is against it, we must be doing something right.ā€™

Coffee table, parentsā€™ house, fell off the back of a truck etc.

5 Likes