Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Your happy to let your club fold because you don’t like training in January.

My own clubs difficulties are with rural depopulation. It has nothing to do with the split season.

If only the whole season didn’t take place in a two month period in September and October it might make things a little easier for people to make it back for games.

Look we have been through this before, your either a WUM or don’t understand what playing GAA is.

1 Like

Weather very bad early this year. Great to have majority of games in August and September.

1 Like

December, January and February are the peak months now for inter-county competition. Pre-season tournaments, national leagues and throw in third level competitions as well.

He’s 11 years old give him a break

1 Like

Shane Walsh involved in this charade all thanks to the split season.

The split season zealots are only delighted now to have most county finals played off in early to mid October clearing the decks for their beloved inter county season to begin again in earnest.

They’ll be flocking to Cusack Park in early December for the next installment of Limerick v Clare in the Munster League, just the 6th encounter between the sides this year :roll_eyes:

You have to say the Leinster Council have messed up not having the intercounty Club campaign up and running next weekend.

Jesus theres a fierce hollow feeling to that

The whole thing was just terribly organised.

Everyone gets a month off now. Junior infants wouldn’t come up with it.

2 Likes

I’m surprised at Mick Reynolds who is a magnificent administrator.

Leinster senior football starts Saturday in Netwatch Cullen Park at 8pm.

Live on RTE.

1 Like

Fantastic to see a player of Niall o meara calibre have a stormer for his club in an epic Tipp county final. The split season has allowed that young man the opportunity to live abroad for the start of the year, expirenace life in another culture and come back to be a star for his club in the county championship that is so tightly contested.

Split season a magnificent success

6 Likes

It must have been the second half to end all second half to achieve epic status. I saw the first half and it was very tame.

I hate to tell you this but the harsh reality of the split season on the ground is really hitting home these past few weeks.

I went to see a County U19 A Semi Final in Tipp this morning as it was on locally. God knows when the Final will be played as Thurles Sarsfields and Arravale Rovers have to play in the other semi final and that cant be played for another few weeks as Thurles are still involved in Junior Hurling and Football. Midweek isnt an option with Harty Cup. Clonmel then had 3 lads playing today involved in Munster Club in a few weeks.

The Under 19 hurling is a similar mess with Holycross in the final already and the other semi final outstanding. Roscrea play Marys next week but whoever wins will have other commitments the week after with Roscrea in Munster intermediate and Clonmel in any amount of competitions.

Meanwhile Under 21 competitions may or may not go ahead with the County managers wanting full access to players over the coming months. The 2023 County Minors and Under 20’s are in the Gym 3 times a week for the past month.

It all comes back to locking players away from clubs for 6 or 7 months. Traditionally Minor and Under 21 Football would be played in the early half of the year giving breathing space from August onwards for Hurling. This year there was no Under 17 or Under 19 club game played until mid July in either code. A mad rush then to play U17 and U19 Hurling/Football off July to October. Under 21 looks like it may or may not go far in either code.

Of course the Split Season Zealots solution to it all is to “decouple” the whole thing and ban 18 year olds playing Adult which is ridiculous carry on. These dangerous lunatics will have the Association finished within a decade.

1 Like

U19 :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

I agree U19 is a tinpot grade and it should be U18. Of course the Zealots want 18 year olds then banned from playing Adult.

Then there is a sub group of Zealots who want their split season but want 18 year olds playing adult. This group of zealots dont see the correlation between their beloved split season and the need for decoupling. They don’t realise you cant play Minor Hurling/Football, Under 21 Hurling/Football and Adult Hurling/Football from July to October to give space to IC managers to have them in the Gym for the following years Intercounty Championship’s. Of course there is Schools Hurling and Football coming in then too.

1 Like

U17 and U20 are the grades. The rest is just fuckology. You’re talking fuckology