Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Everyone agrees U17 at club is a joke.

2 Likes

Jesus woulf you rather all club games be played in November? The system works

And regards under 18s playing adult, this will end soon enough. We can all get nostalgia about playong adult levels at 16/17 but in reality it does fall under child welfare. Rubby has banned players under 18 and 1 day from playing under 20s as its deemed adult fornthat reason. Myself played under 20 ail before i was 17, junior at 17. Never be allowed now. Considering the unfortunate stories from matches recently the gaa will follow.

We (the limericks) have had pops at tipp over the last year or 2 but that was a fantastic final. Great to have in October rather than middle of November or December. My point above shows a player can take time out for life and still atar for hos club as hes not involved in IC. A certainty of when hell be required for his club. Great to see

Iā€™m very much on the fence as regards the split season, I can see it from both sides and am a club player. But when did Tipp ever play their hurling final in December? They actually played their senior hurling finals earlier in 2017 and 2018 than they did in 2022. That was partly down to the tragic events in Thurles back in August too I suppose. Niall Oā€™ Meara would have played most of the club championship before the split season too I think.

No they donā€™t

They do.

They donā€™t

I suppose the split season gave certainty probably would have i wouldnt have a record of senior final dates on hand. I am aware that a lot of under 21s finals were aroumd Christmas a few years back from being in college with guys involved

Agreed

Theres 16 year olds playing Adult Soccer currently locally, who by your logic wouldnt be allowed tog off Junior B until 2025 :grinning:

Theres 16 year olds playing Premier League currently. We are really fucked if an 18 year old drinking, driving etc cant play Junior B here in Ireland. Utter madness.

As regards todays game it was good but I wouldnt be overly hyping it up and last years finals played in November were just as good or probably better. The weather in October is always good and its a pity most clubs are finished Adult for the past 4-6 weeks.

3 Likes

Lads, U19 :joy:

The optimum Underage Club Calendar is something like this.

Under 21 Football - February to April
Minor Football - March to May
Minor Hurling - July to September
Under 21 Hurling - November to December

But of course the split season zealots wont allow any club activity until July because of their beloved Intercounty round robins.

1 Like

Weather always good in October? You must have been asleep for the weather last Sunday.

I was in Old Trafford and it was a lovely, balmy day. Similar to today.

Youā€™ll get wet weather at any time of the year but with the way Climate Change is going, October is generally fine in recent years.

Thatā€™s mental shit

Why?

You think thatā€™ll work in every country? How?

What was on in OT?

It could easily work if some manners were put on Inter County managers and if the Inter County Underage Championshipā€™s reverted to their 2017 formats.

Why would they do that?

As for the managers, Iā€™d love to see it but Shur when you see the cranks who come out when you try and get some fair play to the calendar itā€™s impossible to see

Its not my logic its whats coming down the line. Child protection issues with players who are technically children in the smae changing rooms, chances of fights etc. It will come in during the next few years. I agree with the minor agegrade should be under 18s and back to under 21s