Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

All the critical thinkers on the forum understand the current situation is a total mess and will have serious negative consequences for the Association.

Today’s news is just a sympton of the dominoes starting to fall. The Split Season Zealots dont understand though.

1 Like

You mean Newtownbarry?

1 Like

The demon Sky slain by Larry as well :clap:

1 Like

Can we get a list of them?

Its going to be funny when Premier Sports come in and pick up the Saturday night games.

No way RTE will be able to cover them and I’m not sure Virgin are all that bothered.

TG4 have enough on their plate and dont have the budget with Ladies Football, Minor and U20 their priority.

Halfway House Newtownbarry has a nice ring to it.

1 Like

Dont worry, you’re not on it.

1 Like

@peddlerscross likes to ignore the fact that tickets went on public sale the Friday before the 2019 All Ireland as well. They couldn’t give them away for a finish.

5 Likes

I said this earlier in the year. The gaa was nothing only a content filler during the quiet summer months for sky, not surprised to see them pull out with the new calendar in place.

Hopefully Virgin or TG4 can take over some of their games rather that all going to RTE. Or will the gaa go with the streaming/online per per view option

2 Likes

At least it broke 80k.

That has been pointed out previously and conveniently ignored, alternative facts is what they espouse.

Sure the 2019 final was played in the middle of August. Most people go on their holidays in August. If they want to restore a proper sense of occasion to the All Ireland Finals, they need to restore them to their September dates.

If they want to continue to dumb down the inter-county championships and remove any sense of occasion from it, leave them as they are now as an exercise in fulfilling fixtures as quickly as they can.

2 Likes

There werent 100+ people waving sheets of paper at Gills corner in 2019 literally handing out tickets like flyers.

With 48 games to eliminate 4 teams, next years format is going to be a total disaster from an inter county perspective.

There will have to be some expansion of GAA go but attendances will be poor for many of these games.

The biggest thing the GAA need to bring is proper mid week coverage reviewing/previewing games. Even something akin to Breaking ball would be decent.

2 Likes

September finals wont be coming back.

I’d say it’s one of a few lists you’re on

Ah that’s unrale, another victory for the split season

I think people are overegging the importance of this midweek Breaking Ball type show without going into more detail on what it would entail. Marty had a few goes at it with Championship Matters and it never really worked.

The optimum GAA Coverage for the week during Championship season would probably look like this.

The Saturday Game Live - 2x Games - 4pm -9pm
The Saturday Game - Highlights show MOTD style for Saturday games 9.30pm - 11pm

The Sunday Game Live - 2x Live games 1.30 - 6pm
The Porter Laureate (round table discussion between Roy and friends live from Mulligans) 8.30pm - 9pm
The Sunday Game- Highlights show MOTD style for Sunday games - 9.30-11pm.

The Monday Game - MNF style show for all the hipsters 9.30 - 11pm.

4 Likes

A deal will be done between virgin and RTÉ I believe