Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

We cant be relying on the likes of Landers going on about the horsey set when the real hurling talk is required

1 Like

Dalys podcast is on the way out I fear.

1 Like

Great while it lasted. I really enjoy dalos enthusiasm

1 Like

It lacks something when its just club talk unfortunately.

You can kind of get over the horsie 5 minutes at the start if you’re going to Thurles to bate the bollix out of Tipp or something.

Club wise. I don’t think its a runner.

1 Like

Theres so much club to get through, it’ll be hard to have a genuine breakdown unless they go for a daily show until the finals kick in, even at that they reslly could only focus on 1 or 2 counties at a time

I could get over Teeje talking about the Limerick junior A hurling championship for 30 mins.

Joke aside, Jack Neville actually does a good job on sporting Limerick I think.

Fairly easy do a podcast on club hurling this time of the year. Dublin, Clare and Tipp finals last weekend for example.

Always thought Setanta did a decent job of the league games

1 Like

Premier is changing to Viaplay next month. With all their Soccer and rugby offerings they won’t have room for Gaa.

1 Like

Word I have from a mate ‘in the industry’ is that RTE are looking at making a sports channel, or at least the GAA are looking for a sports channel they can put their content up on. With the help of RTE. I told him pigs would fly before those lazy cunts in Donnybrook would do something like that. But that’s the word according to him.

1 Like

Why dont they just get GAAGO on the Sky Box officially?

Its a pure nuisance fooling with laptops and iPads and phones with login details and passwords etc.

3 Likes

It’s long over due but can’t see it happening either. You could have GAA, LOI and AIL all on for cheap. Use midweek chat shows to fill the gaps. There’s tonnes can be done cheaply.

1 Like

U21/20 club championships just beginning as we head into Winter in counties that stopped played intercounty football in June… i suppose the players were delighted with the 4 months off in the Summer, even the lads who play in the B championship for clubs who arent remotely impacted by intercounty football… ah yes … the split season…
Cork county final getting ready now for the october bank holiday… cork must have been in the AIF this year surely? given the championship ran so late, its like 2010 again?? - no they were beaten in June…shur we couldnt be playing club football over the Summer… the clubs all just had a good pause… jesus the fields were fierce busy… with what ? U8 go games and club teams training?

time to end this farce lads and get the county season back to the way it should be… it literally dosent matter a fuck… club championships end up being played in october like they always have been and always will- thats the bottom line

2 Likes

The split season suits a handful of teams at the top of intercounty.

There would have to be filler programms like that over winter. Going around to random clubs all over the country meeting club legends like Johnny that do all the donkey work and Maureen who has made sandwiches for the 1st team for 47 years. And a segment on their rivalry with that crowd over the road.

Buff could provide 10hours plus content on his own each week

2 Likes

He’d get a travel/ culture type show about traveling to games and meeting fans. Stopping off in obscure petrol stations and coffee shops on the way to Antrim or to Wexford and the likes and asking fans outside the ground what their favourite sandwich filler is and how they like their tay. He’d uncover local colloquialisms and try and use them in conversation on unsuspecting members of the public to everyone’s great delight.

3 Likes

Two round table glorified podcasts a week discussing the weekends action and previewing the upcoming week on a Monday and Friday would cost fuck all to produce.

5 Likes

I used to love eating my breakfast and watching Sunday Supplement on a Sunday morning back in the day.

3 Likes

All Ireland Gold would do some grand zonal marking for this channel.

1 Like