Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

An 18 year old was training with the adult teams all year, the opportunity to play in at least 14 league games and at least 6 Championship games, not to mention any other teams he may be involved in through school/university.

I reckon thats pretty alright, would you like more?

1 Like

@peddlerscross destroying the split season crew here, both the zealots and the simpletons.

2 Likes

Sky sports basically said the inter county season is so boring now with round robins and super 8s that we couldn’t be arsed showing it one of our six or so channels.

What they basically said was “we tried this for a few years and got fuck all value out of it, so as a business decision we decided to get out of it”.

But shur look it, if you need it spelled out…

Shur the All Stars are on tomorrow night, and nobody is even bothering predict the teams or POTY awards because nobody remembers anything from the Championships.

The Limericks have been hotly debating All Stars for the last couple of days.

We’ve matured as a forum beyond picking All Star teams. We’re on the brink of WW3 and an energy crisis that is going to end the planet. Come up for air like a good fella.

So basically it looks like the new tv deal will actually cost the gaa money as opposed to bring money into the association.

Link?

There going to produce the games themselves. Rte unable to make it pay or sky so it’s hard to see how the gaa will make it pay.

Is that what you’re basing it on?! Ah lad. Go off and lie down there.

What else would you base them making a profit on it?

So what you’re now saying is, you weren’t happy when you couldn’t watch it, you weren’t happy when you had to pay to watch it and now you won’t be happy when the GAA are possibly funding it for you to watch it?

When will you be happy?

Where did I say I wasn’t happy you guesser?

Now answer the question you were asked. What else would you base them making money off it?

Seems to be a fairly major cock up by the gaa. Absolutely nobody wants the tv rights for obvious reasons.

Sky pulled the plug so now there left producing the games themselves. You couldn’t pay me to watch games on a laptop or phone on gaa go and I’d imagine many are the same. It’ll also be interesting what they charge too as you’d assume they’ll seriously have to jazz up the production of the games or otherwise they won’t sell many subscriptions.

I guess it’s possible other streaming services would come in to play but not many of those want to operate at a loss either.

RTÉ can’t make it pay?

Nobody will be paying you, that’s not how it works

I wonder what actual number signed up to sky sports because of the gaa games being on it. Im going to hazard a guess that barely anybody did in the end.

Going to be another cost for the fan to watch games. You could justify it if they lowered
The cost of attending games particularly when there’s so many games now.

I know of about 20+, I’m sure there was a few more around the world.

The AntiClubContrarians will twist anything to suit their agenda

1 Like