Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

They could show replays of the 2004 Munster Hurling final

6 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

We were waiting for which bright spark would post that.
Well done treaty stones.

The standard at clubs games is gone brutal now too. Chatting to a lad from tipp a few weeks back said the vast majority of club players are only hurling for 5 or 6 months nowadays.

Its always been like that

Lads, Iā€™m over 30 years in the association, Iā€™ve never known a year like. I just wish I was a young lad again starting out and having the benefits of the split season available to me. Lucky lucky bastards.

1 Like

Kildare are gone mad and are even fitting in an U23 grade

1 Like

Kildare are obviously the next county since Cork in 1990 that will do the double. Wonder when they will get it done by? 2035?

A lot of the zealots donā€™t realise the whole ā€˜Decouplingā€™ of Minor is as a direct result of this split season nonsense.

No Club Minor or Under 21 Hurling or Football activity until mid-July is total madness.

Itā€™s just not possible to play Under 18 Hurling Football/Under 21 Hurling/Football and Adult Hurling/Football from July to December even with playing midweek for the summer - Schools coming into play in Sept/October.

The split season has to be torn up and started again.

4 Likes

It absolutely is not.

Decoupling has nothing to do with inter county at all.

1 Like

Of course it has when no club underage activity in either code can be played for 6 or 7 months of the year.

If Minor and Under 21 Football could be played off from Feb-May at club level it would solve a lot of problems.

You gas Cunt :joy:

You think its a good idea to have no Under 17/20 or U18/21 Club games from January to July?

You think we should have U17s out playing hurling in January and February?

I never said that.

I said Club minor/under21 FOOTBALL could be played off from Feb-May, relieving pressure in the Autumn.

But, but, but all these IC underage competitions have all sorts of round robins and backdoors now, making things impossible.

You said

I dont think thereā€™s any need to have lads hurling in January, February or even much of March, but I wouldnt draw the line there

Laois ran U17 leagues in the early stage of the year, went the grandest without county players.

Playing late in the year will shorten the winter for them.

Theyā€™d be playing late into the year regardless with U21 Hurling, but even that magical deep mid-Winter Festival of Hurling is under threat now too because all these Inter County managers want their players in the gym 5 times a week from October onwards.

1 Like

Laois U20 Hurling and Football Championships in full swing at the moment, alternate weekends. Great to see.

So an 18-year-old in Laois has just the under 20 and Adult championships to play in? Under 20 not starting until the autumn?