Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

26, 795 according to yesterday’s Indo. Had to read it twice myself. I could not believe the 2 biggest rugby teams in Ireland couldnt sell out 29,000 tickets.

1 Like

Any view on the attendance of the Leinster final halving in a decade

No that wasn’t it mate, you made a claim about what Leinster said. When was that?

Last week’s examiner mate stated if demand was there Leinster would release more tickets. If only 26,795 of 29,000 tickets were sold their was obviously no need.

1 Like

Any view on Munster v Leinster selling out 82,000 tickets in 2009 and could only sell 26,795 out of 29,000 tickets last weekend?

Yes rugby created way too many games and went behind a paywall. Similar to what the gaa is doing know.

Be like comparing championship and league attendances are you mad.

Why has the attendance at the Leinster final halved in a decade

Do you have a link for that?

I buy the Examiner mate. Don’t have an online account.

The Aviva isn’t a bumpkin stadium that can be opened on a whim with everyone paying €25.

To pay for the thing they have to charge higher prices so there are very few cheap tickets. A couple of thousand 10 euro and 20 euro tickets is it.

It’s €320k plus to open the whole thing and more expensive on short notice.

I’d agree too many games for sure but it was another handy profit for Leinster. They’d probably have got in 40k with a cheaper all round offering but made a shrewd financial decision and would have returned a very handsome profit for what was a second tier fixture (given the European run).

Lucky it’s online and I have one. What day was it?

It really is.

The queues for the bathrooms in the Aviva premium level :joy:

The GAA premium fan experience is far ahead of it.

Leaving the Aviva over a train track. Waiting for a train to pass. You’d not see it in the third world.

Huh? There’s a tunnel under the Aviva.

Why is having public transport at a stadium a bad thing…?

1 Like

Tuesday or Wednesday mate.

Cool. I’ll check out Irish Newspaper Archives so.

Do mate.

Nothing there in the print editions, appears you were lying. Between this and @TheUlteriorMotive appearing not to have been to the Aviva Stadium it is not a good reflection on the gahliban.

I read it anyway mate.

It’s a substandard stadium.

Why didn’t they put in toilets when they knew lads go there to drink.