Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Nearly 4 million people live in Munster and Leinster and they couldnā€™t sell more than 29k tickets for the rubby yesterday. The GAA is flourishing in comparison

2 Likes

An Ulster Final spring challenge in the middle of May to be decided on the lottery of a penalty shoot out.

Could they not have had a replay?

The split season zealots will be telling us that this is all in the name of progress.

1 Like

Itā€™s only bogball mate

This soccer shootout shite has no business in the GAA

RTE unwilling to take the risk of Captaen Doire mentioning he who shall not be named. Itā€™s on BBC.

I hold my hands up, i got rugby attendance wrong yesterday. It was 26,795. They couldnā€™t even sell 29,000 tickets.

2 Likes
1 Like

Did you get the 15% off?

2 Likes

You cant play club championship games in February and March and have club fields empty all summer. Plus county managers will still have control of the players.

Start inter county in September. Club finals august bank holiday.

Canā€™t they just play them concurrently in the height of summer. If county boards donā€™t want to release the IC lads who arenā€™t being paid itā€™s on them . If the IC player loves his club so much as referenced in every program Q&A then heā€™ll gladly play club matches instead of IC training sessions.

Itā€™s an amateur sport

1 Like

We need rid of these intercounty managers. Get it back to a few lads picking a squad a few days ahead of championship. Properly based on club form. Mighty stuff.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the way itā€™s going unfortunately.

Yes professional golf condensed the Majors season a couple of years ago for the sake of the FedEx cup

The manager of the team that wins the county championship becomes the inter county manager for that year. They get 2 weeks to get their house in order before a champions league type championship begins.

6 Likes

And he has to start 4 of his county final winning team.

Do you have a link to that statement you referenced?

Did you know the Leinster final attendance has halved in a decade?

The Dubs donā€™t seem to be much of a cash cow anymore. With the significantly lower prices that the GGA charge they need far higher attendances.

Tbf I do think that the model of selling a couple of thousand ā‚¬10 tickets and the rest high priced should be revisited by Leinster.

1 Like
4 Likes