Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Cusack etc talk about lack of promotion of hurling. Kerry and Laois finished their season mid May and not a peep. No one cares because they are weaker counties.

The split season zealots cant add 2+2+2 together.

Is there no leaving certs playing or what’s the story? I thought there used to be 4 weeks stop up before it.

They should get close to 40k at these two games.

40,000 at an U17 game?

There will be loads of LC lads playing. Ben O Connor and Jack Screeny being the most prominent from either side.

It took a while but the new minor and 20s have finally found traction. Really enjoyed both comps this year

2 Likes

Offaly’s resurgence is a nightmare for the anti split season brigade. Sell out Wednesday night, 30,000 in Thurles Sunday week.

Scandalous having young lads playing in an All Ireland Final just 3 days before the start of their Leaving Cert.

5 Likes

Hugh Emerson played 1st around Senior Leinster Championship against Meath in Navan in the middle of his Leaving. Be grand.

I know he was fond of the good life but that’s a bit harsh.

I’d say well earned. Decent fella. His young lad is some hurler, rare in Port

1 Like

I’d say the leaving is well down Ben’s priority list in fairness to him

A serious athlete.

yet it never spread outside munster

how bad must the GGA be

When are the A levels starting?

Since Michael Duignan became Offaly chairman in 2020:

:trophy: All-Ireland U20 Football, Leinster U20 Football, Leinster U20 Hurling, Leinster Minor Hurling, Div 2A (twice), Christy Ring, Kehoe Cup.

Runners up in Div 3 Football, All-Ireland Minor Hurling, Leinster Minor Hurling, Leinster Minor Football :clap:

Purring

4 Likes

He stepped up to be fair

He spotted what was coming too. Much like the myth about Clare being turned around by ousting Pat, the road was laid, it just needed a man to get everything out of their way and push them on when the steam was building.

1 Like

He wouldn’t fit in round here.

One of the Waterford Bennetts got man of the match in an u21 game after rushing to the pitch before the game after a leaving cert exam

The Clare minor hurlers play an AI Semi Final throwing in at 1pm today in Thurles and the Clare Senior Footballers throw in at 2pm in Ennis.

Ridiculous stuff but par for the course thanks to this ridiculous split season mini blitz scheduling.

Mate that’s been happening for decades