Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

You did in your eye.

All time classics

If you are a real Gaa supporter split season is ideal. Great inter county games and club championship from August on in great weather.

Tell that to people trying to keep the game going in the likes of Waterford and Wexford.

1 Like

Fuck them

The best day of hurling you might ever witness? Wexford’s relegation to the Joe McDonagh Cup was all but confirmed today. That’s following sharply on Offaly’s descent to the third tier of hurling and Waterford rapidly going in the same direction.

1 Like

Fuck them

The big takeaway from today is Tipperary are lucky to be a part of this Munster championship. They lost 4 from 4 last year and should have been relegated.

Very unfair on the weaker counties.

So what would you do to sort hurling in Waterford and Wexford?

Look some of what the two boys complain about is fair. It should be pushed two weeks later. And the football championship is a farce. But that has nothing at all to do with the split season.

The tokenism of bringing the Joe Mac teams into the championship when they weren’t good enough to be in it in the first place should be gotten rid of. But again that is the format not the split season.

The two lads never played club. That much is clear to see. The split season is a god send for the club player.

It’s not going anywhere

3 Likes

What about the people trying to keep the game going in Westmeath or Offaly or wherever.

It’s like saying what about the people trying to keep soccer going in Leeds and Southampton.

Try harder. Be better

1 Like

Aaron gets it

This is of course complete bullshit.

We needed a shorter inter county season to help the clubs. Not a longer one.

Instead you’ve a really boring 8 month long inter county season.

I played with my club from 4 years old until a couple of years ago.

Absolutely. If you’re going with two groups in this round robin blitz format, it’s a farce that you have the bottom team in one group gets relegated but the bottom team in the other group doesn’t. Wexford after their relegation is likely confirmed next week, will be looking across the water from Hook to Crooke at Waterford, bottom yet again after yet another whitewash in the Round Robin blitz, just 1 win from 16 but permanently ring-fenced against relegation as are Tipperary (who should have been relegated last year), Cork, Clare and Limerick.

Yes what Waterford and Wexford need is a really good professional golfer to come along and start funding them because thanks to this new season you need a few million quid to run an inter county team.

Until you were 12 was it :joy:

I’m only slagging mate you know I love you really l, even if your wums are very very tired

1 Like

Totally agree. Offaly toally declined last 20 years and their was no split season. Lads going on about Carlow. No offence to Carlow but you could play All Ireland in November and they still won’t be competitive. Dont have the numbers.

No I’m not having it. 3 teams out of a group of 4 is fucking stupid.

I played junior hurling.

Make it 2 teams and it’s vastly improved. But there is peril nonetheless