Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Im totally zen mate. Hurling season will be extended nexy year anyway.

Limerick had a 3 week break after Clare game. 2 weeks after Cork game. Another month now. I think they’ll be fine.

It took Limerick 5 games to win the Munster title in little over 8 weeks.

Teams regularly won all Irelands playing 5/6 games over the course of four months.

If you don’t think the schedule is incredibly tough on players god help you.

In 2018 there was a big hulabulo over playing 3 weeks on the trot. Every time the team that played three weeks in a row they fell flat on their feet. If there 3 weeks is bad is bad two weeks in a row isn’t great.

It’s easily avoided too with some smart scheduling but of course these split season odd balls can’t accept it. They want no club championship for 8 months of the year and they want to run all the inter county players into the ground for their own enjoyment.

But why play two games in 7 days and then a 3 week break and 2 another two games in 7 days.

I agree completely, keep them in Dublin until such a time a suitable venue comes up, which will be years. Having them outside Croke park is a fantastic idea on paper though but its completely unfeasible. What did Limerick Cork pull in 2018? 71 or 72k i say?

But the soccerball lads frequently play a couple of 90+ minutes every week of the season. I understand they haven’t to get up for “work” on the Monday but a lot of these modern GAA lads aren’t getting up for work either. Paddy is getting well looked after with all the trimmings associated with successful sports figures - there’s no fear of them.

What about 20 to 40 on the Limerick panel? Playing zero games with the county or club. They are not suffering with burn out.

Cian Lynch has been injured since last year.

I don’t think you can compare pros and amateurs no matter what people say.

I think the maximum counties in hurling can play is 9 to win an all Ireland.

You have from December to July.

There is no real need to be playing games 7 and sometimes 6 days apart.

2 Likes

They can play 20 games if they have to. Someone has to win it at the end.

You’ve a lot of time to devote to arguing about something that you haven’t a breeze about.

1 Like

Evidently you know nothing about it.

Anyone who’s not listed on the 26 for an inter-county game is generally free to play club league games. Although it doesn’t always work out that way.

Nothing.

1 Like

When is the Clay Court Style Wexford SHC in association with Sharkeys Chipper kicking off?

Tipp played four weeks in a row that year. Brendan Maher did his cruciate in the last 7 or 8 minutes of the fourth game. While that can be a freak thing, I’d also guess the body is more susceptible to serious injuries when put through that load

There isn’t too many of them these days shovelling concrete or building blocks,in fact a lot of them have makey uppy jobs which they don’t even need to be there for.

1 Like

I don’t think it will start until after Wexford footballers are eliminated from the Tina Turner Cup.

4 Likes

That’s from overtraining more so than games

2 Likes

Possibly but the way the games are coming so thick and fast at inter county level the temptation is to play injured.

That’s an absolute disaster and it’ll only get worse as time goes on.

Mental fatigue is a big thing.

There’s a huge amount of players currently who visibly look like they’d rather be anywhere else bar playing at the minute. I’ve never seen so many individual players underperform as in the Munster Final on Sunday… You’ll always have a couple on any given day from both sides, but on Sunday both teams had 5 or 6.

Football is the same where even Kerry look fed up with it all.

1 Like