Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

How would that be better for Player welfare in an amateur association?

Hurling League has always being the breeding ground for blooding new panellist.

So lads want that dropped?

Cork will be ravenous next year. They’ll win every game in Munster and they’ll win the All-Ireland. Mark it down.

1 Like

Limerick will be looking for a record breaking 5 in a row. It’ll be an immense championship.

Will Walsh Park be ready to host a few auld games?

It will.

1 Like

Excellent news. The trip to the South East capital adds another layer of intrigue to the greatest regional niche sport competition in the world.

1 Like

We have to go to Grievance Park the first day as well. Immediately on the back foot.

I was talking to a Monaghan man yesterday and while he knew they were playing Donegal this weekend he had no idea what a win, draw or defeat meant for them in the grand scheme of things.

He said he had become completely indifferent to the whole thing and said that when once upon a time he’d have sat down to watch any kind of Football match on TV, unless he had ‘a dog in the race’ now he couldnt give a fuck. He flew into a rage when the topic of GoGo TV came up.

He had no doubt the god damn awful split season was the root cause for the complete clusterfuck the whole thing has turned into.

2 Likes

TNH

6 Likes

TNH plus he’s not watching these matches like myself because they’re actually unwatchable.Terrible shite over and back the field with 15 players behind the ball.Its actually like 15 a side basketball.That has nothing to do with the split season.

3 Likes

I would never ever make up an anecdote for TFK.

The reality on the ground is that nobody knows or cares what GAA action is taking place today or tomorrow for that matter and thats pretty sad.

4 Likes

You’re only taking after your learned friend Mr Brolly QC

I can see why people want the hurling championship extended but it dont think anyone will miss the football championship when its over. Almost unwatchable.

2 Likes

Muldoon and Go not showing the Meath v Wexford game today. A Tailteann Cup quarter-final but the €79 I paid a couple of months ago will be of very little use to me from here on in. An absolute plethora of dead rubbers and vaguely significant games on the service this weekend.

4 Likes

You got 2 Wexford games out of that i imagine? From their 10 championships games so far.

Yeah Galway and Dublin in the Leinster hurling round robin. It’s a fairly paltry supply of games this weekend. I’d say that Carlow v Dublin hurling game would be interesting but alas it’s not available.

1 Like

Awful stuff.

The zealots wont be happy until they’ve completely finished the GAA as a pastime in all 32 counties.

It’s very easy get possession and give the impression of playing well these days. Hand passing everything sideways or backwards. Teams sacrificing opposition kick-outs to revert back to a 12 man defence on their own 45. Then suddenly having to press everyone forward including the keeper for the last 10 minutes to try and salvage a result. If they even have ambitions to win the game by that stage.

2 Likes

It’s been an absolute shambles. A thundering disgrace.