Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

He’s a Cork fella who always has a bee in his bonnet about something. A Livewhine regular.

1 Like

Looking back now, playing the four All Ireland semi finals in both codes across four weekends and then a gap of a week between the hurling final and football final was crazy.

Nuff said.

They need to give it another week or two to breath alright.

Be a great idea but will never happen I would think. Dual clubs the issue.

1 Like

Decouple intercounty aswell. Alternate annually.

Thank god that is the inter county football season over and done with. Fellas complaining the football championship is too short? About 3 good games. Feels like it’s been going on 6 months. Roll on club hurling championship next weekend

2 Likes

Some pivot in fairness

Thank god that is the inter county football season over and done with. Fellas complaining the football championship is too short? About 3 good games. Feels like it’s been going on 6 months. Roll on club hurling championship next weekend

1 Like

The inter-county season for your beloved Cork ended for the hurlers in mid May and for the footballers, 4 weeks ago on 2 July. Are you telling me there’s been no club action in Cork at all in June and July?

Loads of games mate, league, challenge games, championship next week.

I wonder did croke park get the season wound up early so not clash with the build up to the rugby World Cup which seems to start this weekend.

A few rugby friendlies in August sure won’t catch the imagination. Start of the soccer season will though.

Judt 8% of the general public on-board with this July All Ireland nonsense according to the Poll in today’s Sunday Independent.

Fairly chastening stuff for the split season zealots.

1 Like

Did you not enjoy any of the matches this weekend? I definitely did. A feast of action. Kerry final was exciting too.

No games at all in Tipp today.

I had to build my entire Sunday around morning mass.

7 Likes

Only football wasn’t it? Wasted weekend to be fair.

Few football games played off over Thurs, Friday, Saturday.

Know of one club who should be semi decent but ended up being hammered by nearly 15 points with lads away in America or coming back drunk from Albufera, Galway and Independence.

You couldnt possibly have a worse weekend to be kicking off a County Football Championship.

1 Like

There’s definitely a seismic change coming in the next 10-20 years for the clubs.

Playing without inter county players or else a complete move away from geographical based clubs is perhaps on the way.

I’d take that 8 percent with a huge pinch of salt but I do think there’s less interest in the games before. How that’ll impact things going forward I don’t know but the cost of running these clubs will surely start becoming an issue.

We could have club champion in April, may, June and July if we wanted but you supported the insufferably long inter county season.