Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Correct & a poor game & no atmosphere. Best KK v Galway game I was ever at for atmosphere, was the leinster match in Tullamore, the night Joe & Henry got two worldys at the end of the drawn game. The smaller provincial venues have a far superior atmosphere. It was electric that night.

4 Likes

I remember that game. Henry put Kilkenny up and canning got one on the far side to level it up.

You’d think someone would explain that to the GAA and Leinster Council. Empty seats at a showcase event like that is a disaster. It makes the whole thing look unimportant. A heaving Portlaoise or Tullamore or a 75% empty Croke Park. Clear what they should do and no harm a fewpeople not getting tickets. Croke Park puts a lot of people off travelling I think.

Its the other reason why Hearn won’t pay for Croke Park for Katie Taylor. He knows she won’t sell it out and it would mess up her image; alongwith him losing money on it.

Waterford v Kilkenny all Ireland semi final replay was incredible in Thurles.

My postman failed to deliver but I’d say Clare v Galway in Thurles in 2018 was tremendous fun too.

Mayo v Kerry was an epic too in the Gaelic grounds in 2014.

1 Like

Why won’t they move the Leinster final out of croke park ?

It surely costs them money.

Croke Park should be for special occasions-the absolutely elite games.

I thought myself if they insisted on both all Ireland semi finals on the one weekend home advantage for the provincial winner should be introduced like the nfl.

A real carrot for the winning your province and a lump of money for the local economy.

1 Like

Provincial winners getting a home AI semi final would be superb for sure.

Thats a great suggestion, there will be some scramble for tickets also which will build more pre game excitement. The MF last year was a great example

1 Like

All to do with the Corporate Boxes and Premium Tickets i would say.

2 Likes

They won’t move it out of Leinster and you don’t have a stadium with big enough capacity anywhere else in the province. If they had the foresight to turn Portlaoise into a 40/50k capacity, it would be ideal

Ffs sake.

Then you’ll have lads bleating about not using Croke Park.

Players want to play in Croke Park as often as possible.

Goway and fuck with your intimate venues.

Port Laois on a balmy Saturday.

Tullamore packed to the Rafters. Uuuugghhh.

3 Likes

Don’t agree with it. Semis and finals should be played in a neutral venue.

Could you imagine an All Ireland Semi Final in Ennis or Salthill?

They need to put money into Thurles but Casement could break the association.

A Wexford v Cork semi in Chadwick’s park

Do they though? I’d say it loses the novelty quick enough when it’s 80% empty

SV de Pairc is first in line for that honour

https://twitter.com/dlynchsport/status/1772329766617489538?s=46

The players want to play in croke park? What does that even mean?

If the Leinster final was fixed for a neutral Venue would the players not play? It’s a silly point.

A full house will attract young kids who’ll be the future players.

The Leinster final has been in croke park all my life anyways and I don’t see one benefit to hurling in Leinster overall. I’d imagine most years it costs the association money.

Why do? With the back door you should get tangible benefits to winning your province.