Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Rugby always had that element but it never appealed to the masses in the past. Hardly anyone ever claims to have played it it’s basically popular because Ireland and Leinster win the vast majority of their matches

1 Like

Is it just the two hurling championship matches this weekend? Do or die matches essentially for both Tipperary and Wexford and both matches on Saturday behind paywalls.

Bad form

That is some evisceration of the split season from Eamonn Sweeney in the Sindo today.

1 Like

Someone will have to pick the split season zealots up off the floor after that.

An evisceration is putting it mildly.

2 Likes

I disagreed with Eamon Sweeney’s assertion that the provincial system is not fit for purpose.

Clare v Kerry drew a half decent crowd and was a half decent occasion. If that was Clare v Derry in a round robin it’s not near the same occasion.

Similar with Galway v Mayo here. Galway v Mayo in a round robin doesn’t draw the same crowd, Galway v Tyrone draws less again.

The good weather at the moment is a disaster for the anti split season brigade. Munster hurling championship games in fine weather is a particularly torment. They want rain, rain, rain, keeps all their misery going.

3 Likes

I’d say they’re a joy to live with.One of them is even begging for a nuclear war FFS.They can’t get enough misery.Then you have Nigel Farage in the middle of them goading them on and they lapping it up :grin::grin:

2 Likes

I got drowned walking to the Gaelic Grounds last Sunday

Good to see you posting from the afterlife.Whats it like over there

Sweeney is even more of a sensationalist than his namesake Dunphy so don’t think anyone will be worrying about that…

Great to see Colm Parkinson having a meltdown on twitter because the provincial finals were good yesterday.

No doubt the zealots will try and remove them sooner rather than later.

Parkinson would have a meltdown if his toast burnt tbf.

https://twitter.com/cahairokane1/status/1788121200519991575?s=46

Interesting enough podcast with the great Jim nanz.

Subscription golf not working.

Saturday of masters equal to last year. Sunday down 25 percent.

NFL had the most watched superbowl this year. They are leading the way from what I can see with free coverage on social media and fan engagement. Interesting too nfl have strict structures in place to keep all teams competitive.

He had me thinking programmes like the Sunday game and match of the day are basically finished. Why can’t they just upload all the games to YouTube by Monday morning? Let people watch them and analyse them and discuss them on social media which is what people do a lot more now.

It would also mean analysis shows could focus on analysis and less on high lights.

I haven’t watched the Sunday Game night show in years. I hate sports analysis and punditry. I just want to watch proper highlights of the days action. God be with the days when the Sunday Game could show up to half an hour of highlights of the main match of the day. Now it’s a 2 minute package followed by endless waffle and bullsh*t

8 Likes

I see Kildare have opted to play their plum Tailteann Cup home tie against Longford in Hawkfield. Maximum crowd of 1,200. I’d be your archetypal dual club player but this current calendar is a mess. The championship has definitely been diminished for me in its current guise.

1 Like

Apparently the hurlers from your own county Carlow have only had 3 (three) minutes of coverage on the Sunday Game so far this year despite being a Liam McCarthy county. At least their next game against Kilkenny is live on GAA Go. They probably got more coverage last year as a Joe McDonagh county.

1 Like