Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

What are you even talking about?

Yep forcing the inter county players to play injured in endless round robin games while postponing the club season until the end of the year is really thinking off the club players.

1 Like

What was the Covid season where they had Clare v Wexford throw in at 8am in the morning in a quarter final in Urlingford to clear the decks for the Stormers v Waratahs in the Super 9s Bob Racliffe rubby final later in the day?

3 Likes

Dry your tears mate. You are an event junkie. I used to be in your shoes one time i will admit.

1 Like

The round robin is an event junkie rubbish. You are talking complete rubbish.

Waterfordā€™s season came down to back to back matches against Clare and Limerick crammed into 7 days and long trips to Ennis and Limerick. Maybe a pretty rubbish performance from Waterford yesterday had something to do with the fact that they were just knackered.

Thereā€™ll probably be the customary 10-11 week break now before the Waterford 5-6 week club championship blitz gets under way on the August bank holiday with no hurling at all across late May, June and July.

As I said it isnā€™t a split season itā€™s a joke season.

Your man prunty was only ever going to be playing in one game due to injury. That sort of sums it up. The weaker counties given absolutely zero chance but I guess as long @Perez2017 gets his super Sunday of 12 games people wonā€™t care.

My understanding of the confused and not very coherent arguments of the split season zealots like @Perez2017 is that club players must have certainty about 6 months out as regards booking holidays, stag weekend and a p*ss up at the Galway races. So you canā€™t get club championships really going in any quasi contender County until August in case the county team does make it to an All Ireland Final or semi final.

Itā€™s the fault of the Waterford and Wexford county boards then and not the split season that when they are usually out by mid May, they canā€™t get a county championship blitz going until August.

The wagons are circling. Corkā€™s renaissance has totally upset them.

What renaissance is that? Losing to an absolutely terrible Waterford side. Relying on the worst Tipperary side of all time to grab a draw v Waterford and desperately hoping results went a certain way so cork would qualify as the third placed side.

The minors and 20s dumped out when hotly tipped to win this week.

Itā€™s amazing how far cork have fallen.

2 Likes

The fear is palpable in your post

Iā€™ve absolutely no fear at all.

Invariably the end In sport comes much quicker than many expect and Iā€™m well aware of that.

I think we could eke out another all Ireland but we are taking in water all over the field and I wouldnā€™t be surprised if we lose either.

Sadly the nearly biggest factor in games is who has the most injuries which for me sucks a lot of the enjoyment out of following the game at the moment.

Anyway our lads have never let us down and possibly the only day they didnā€™t perform was 2019 so I can have no complaints as a supporter. Theyā€™ve been brilliant.

https://twitter.com/moylesiea/status/1795209443765842134?s=46

Heā€™s spot on.

Just realised Donegal v Tyrone were playing last weekend. Beyond bizarre at this stage.

Yep these football round Robins are the biggest joke ever. Play 24 matches and only consequences are a few aclā€™s, hamstrings and players trying to play at 80 % fitness.

1 Like

Youā€™d have barely enough time to watch the hurling, no way Iā€™m trying to follow whatever is going on in football these days

I see attendances are up again for the Munster hurling. Average of 27k per game. Some going

The average in 2017 was 31k.

Across 4 games.

All 4 games that year took place in Thurles. 27k average this year is impressive considering Walsh Park and Cusack Park have small capacities. Iā€™m fairly sure both would have accommodated bigger numbers for the games held there if capable of doing so.

The proposal from the reviewing the format of All Ireland Day is, eh ā€œinterestingā€ā€¦