Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Your theory of underdogs having no chance now has been fairly destroyed by the football championship

2 Likes

No it hasn’t. You’d 3 provincial winners and a provincial loser. Galway taking out the Leinster champions as well.

The provinces actually game up trumps again despite having that absolutely horrendous and pointless round robin.

Explain how Adam English is burned out?

Answer the question.

Galway and Armagh, 2 teams that haven’t won All Irelands in over 20 years. In the hurling a team that hasn’t won in 20 and one that hasn’t won in 11 years

1 Like

Yes cork are traditional underdogs.

I’ll take that as an admittance of defeat

1 Like

The semifinal attendances being far higher than the doomsayers were forecasting has been a real blow to morale, the lashing out has started now. What were the semifinal attendances the last time the Dubs weren’t involved I wonder, back when both semifinals were played on Sundays in August? Higher or lower than we had this weekend?

4 Likes

The GAA over last two weekends provided far better entertainment for the neutral than the Euros.

7 Likes

No it’s not.

You’d 3 of 4 same counties in hurling semi finals for the third year in a row.

A bad Kilkenny side won 5 Leinsters in a row and Limerick completed a historic six in a row in Munster.

The Euros and rugby wiped the floor with the GAA this weekend.

Only the counties involved and the hardcore GAA people cared about events at Croke Park.

Nobody else even knew the games were on.

Amazing what happens when it gets down to the knock out stuff. It was exciteding.

Neither football semi final was good quality though. Kerry game the second half was better but both games were decided on goals you’d expect to see in a junior b game.

Of course it did, sure the negative lot were all primed to run down the football this weekend and had the rug pulled from under them with 2 fine games and occasions. Eventually there will be a bad game though and their patience will be rewarded.

2 Likes

There was a time not too long ago pre split season where the same teams played in the All Ireland Hurling Final 3 times in a row and 5 times in 8 years

1 Like

Sure you just had two teams play in the all Ireland final in a row.

If lads stopped caring as much about being proven right on the INTERNET with their calcified opinions and watched things on their merits as they unfold then they’d be far happier I think.

3 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaand we’re off.

Yes which happened prior to the split season as well as I’ve shown

1 Like

So I’m not sure what your point is besides trying to describe cork as a plucky underdog