Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

The last three hurlers of the year played very little league hurling.

Tony Kelly best game was his last game and he missed the league. Ryan taylor was outstanding in both cameos.

They should bin of the League semi finals and finals.

I prefer a two week gap between the senior hurling and football finals. Possibly means you’d have to replay things 7 days later which wouldn’t be ideal.

They should have a go at round robins in the provinces for football. They’ve tried everything else at this stage and seem adamant to have a group stage somewhere in the championship - but a group stage in the middle of a championship just doesn’t flow right for me, you have to have it at the start.

2 Likes

The Munster football round robin group would be OX BOFFICE.

It would be like the Christy Ring cup, but with one of the teams being Kilkenny.

There would be a lot of potential for attractive double headers.

https://twitter.com/finnster1977/status/1818207130253447297?s=46

4 of the 5 played injured and Finnerty was strapped too wasn’t he?

I’m sure like the Sunday game analysts the physios are coining it in from this schedule.

1 Like

Tv ratings massive for the 2 finals. I thought nobody watched Gaa in July?

2 Likes

The finals generally rate well. Nothing much else gets near the top spots.

If the GAA want to stay going with the split season they need to do something about Croke Park, the hunt for tickets this year for both finals was an awful drain on clubs - what needs doing to turn it into a stadium with a 100k capacity?

Demolish the Hill and finish the wrap around

Another mighty split season of GAA.

Off ye go back to the clubs and enjoy the crack lads.

The real fun only starts now.Derby matches and pints incoming

1 Like

Has already begun, nothing like it

1 Like

a good 400k less than the rugby & less than the English MNT

What rugby?

Looks like a lot of things I’ve been suggesting are being looked at.

Two weeks is huge. Too many players are crippled and injured for the club season.

Both football structures are horrendous. As bad as the current one.

For the football for one year I’d try a senior, intermediate and junior all Irelands.

12 teams in the top division. Split into two groups. 5 games guaranteed. You could go top 4 into semi finals or a top six with 2 quarter finals with the top 2 straight into semi finals.

I’d be binning the leagues in hurling and football. Give the clubs more time and allow better spacing of inter county championship games.

Im nodding in agreement on that post, bar the league in hurling.

But thats a sound purposal for football. Barney on the structure and Jim Gavin on general play. Football might not be loat yet

Even a senior of 8 and under intermediate of 8 with two junior groups would give you 3 championship games minimum.

You should get some decent games with teams at similar levels. There was so many dire games or one sided affairs. Let alone meaningless matches.

Something to add forget double headers in croke park, have the games in appropriate stadiums for the expected crowds