Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Current format is absolutely perfect in the football. Ticks every box. I’ll be proved right if they give it time to bed in.

But but but injuries

1 Like

Your rantings defending the football championship format are reminiscent of Liz Truss.

The football format takes tonger to eliminate 4 teams than truss had in office

1 Like

2 Likes

David and Paudie Clifford hugely in favour of the split season.

Radio silence i see

1 Like

Sure what would they know,they don’t even play…oh wait

1 Like

Theyll quote piss heads like Roy Curtis mind.

3 Likes

They love the rare auld tiiiiiimmmmmmeeeeeessssss

Martin Breheny hits the nail on the head. Straight in at number 6 in my list of Martin Breheny eviscerations of the split season.

It’s fairly obvious what you’ll have is two separate seasons running at the same time very soon. One for clubs and one for inter county players. You’ll have September all Irelands and the club players fairly happy too.

It might there is some hope for the club dual player too in the long term.

Injuries are already unsustainable and we are only really in year three of this structure.

The sad thing is in the weaker counties the best players will opt out of inter county season which likely lead to even more rosenbourg situations. How many ballygunnar lads would pack in a county title / club all Ireland to play with Waterford?

Wasn’t it only a few months ago they were being held up as an example of what a disaster the split season was because of Fossa having a decent run. Other than pundits and barstoolers is there anyone at all not in favour of the split season?

2 Likes

Clifford has a small time mentality. Mick Fitz smoking him was the end of him as a force at inter-county level. He’d prefer to slalom through a load of overweight pub players than take on Dublin, Armagh or Donegal again, as his wimping out in the All-Ireland semi-final this year proves.

2 Likes

We have a really farcical situation this weekend where there are no games at all in a number of counties because of Electric Picnic and the zealots will still tell us the split season is working.

1 Like

I just read your article there and they are hardly hugely in favour of it.

They are scathing of the regimental inter county season and say you can go on holidays and live your live during the club season which is exactly the issue with the current format.

You created an absolutely horrendous inter county season which is ruining players for no apparent reason.

Players deserve a lot more down time but it’s hardly a ringing endorsement for the club part of the season if they best part of it is that you can go on holidays in the middle of it.

1 Like

This is some ringing endorsement.

Please tell me this isn’t true?

Unfortunately it is.

Club football is a Picnic.