Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

This is actually miles better than anything we’ve seen anywhere in Ireland on a Gaelic football pitch in 2024.

Nasty Naz is some player.

https://twitter.com/SeanMcGoldrick1/status/1828330152746426854

Yes

https://twitter.com/wildstate/status/1828334487777730916?s=46&t=0sQkcb7z4szDmx1-2Xlm0w

1 Like

Magnificent stuff that we get to see Oasis in Croke Park thanks to the split season

1 Like

Is croke park not an absolutely horrendous venue for a concert ?

The grab all association needs the money. Looks like they’d play the hurling the week after the football and the football a week after the concerts.

1 Like

It isn’t hard to see how it’s going so badly wrong for the tipp seniors with their boutique club hurling championship.

All GAA club games on the weekend of August 16th/17th next year will throw in at 9am on the Saturday.

Boutique?

We are giving over August to Oasis and EP.

No one gave a shit about concerts and music festivals until the split season came along.

1 Like

Ep couldn’t compete with the kilmucud Crokes 7s seven or eight years ago.

1 Like

Coldplay barely sold out for 1 night in 2017.

Now its 4 nights and it could be 10.

They had to rent a crowd to Taylor Swift six years ago and this year she sold out three times over

1 Like

It’ll not be long before FĂ©ile in Thurles makes a comeback to fund the demolition and rebuilding of Semple Stadium so it can host bigger FĂ©iles.

1 Like

They have to be draws AET as things stand (I disagree with that) so it’s unlikely.

The GAA split season was the makings of Taylor Swift. She’d do well to remember that

7 Likes

Yes it’s unlikely and they’ve ran into this issue before. I’m almost Kerry met mayo in Limerick due to a concert being on.

Possibly Bon jovi.

Still these are our biggest days. They shouldn’t be messed about. A three week delay to the club championships would put serious pressure on clubs to get games played if it did happen.

What an association :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Garth and TayTay walked so oasis could run.

This was surprisingly absorbing viewing. I didn’t cop that this was what they were showing when I switched over initially and thought they were about to do a whole programme on Scór. :grimacing:

An iconic match in an iconic stadium.