Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

Under 19 premier hurling championship in Limerick Group 2:

From what I can see there’s 5 walkovers tonight in the minor hurling championship and a fair few two weeks ago.

And this is in Limerick when the senior team is absolutely flying and the minor team were in an all Ireland final too.

January is all about the Most Reverend Dr. McKenna Cup.

An unseasonably large crowd for Armagh v Tyrone at the Athletic Grounds. No crowd at all for Fermanagh v St. Mary’s on a Wednesday night at The Dub.

And the very presteejus Sigerson and Fitzgibbon Cups. A large crowd on the famous “bank” at Daingean on a Tuesday lunchtime to see Sean O’Shea and UCC or Cian Lynch and Mary I come to town.

Even a club season that ran from January to the middle of July and a short inter county season From august to the middle of October would be a millions time better then this muck they’ve come up with.

1 Like

Both of those are Doon who don’t play U-19.

There should be a petition to reduce the number of days in the week from seven to six. As well as heralding the four day working week it would increase the amount of weeks in the year from 52.14 to 60.83, thus creating almost an extra nine weeks for GAA fixture schedulers to play with.

Everyone in the gaa is so fucking selfish. Just as long as my little piece of the pie of Is screw everybody else.

The exact same thing happened in horse racing they destroyed it.

They need to take a slash hook to the inter
County season. It’s a woeful product and the hurling final won’t sell out and Dublin v Kerry didn’t sell out either.

How many millions are pumped into inter county teams every year in both codes? Conservatively a 100 million I’d say? And they are coming up with a handful of good games a year and we’ve to postpone the club championships for 8 months for it.

They already have done that. It’s not working out well.

U20 final. It was Tipp v Offaly in that classic minor final.

1 Like

That’s a fair indictment of the clubs

Its mad how the round robin nonsense came about.

The Super Eights came in and next thing a load of hurling people felt they had to do something.

The Super Eights was a disaster and Football people have been honest enough to admit it, yet hurling people have convinced themselves a Limerick v Clare dead rubber with both teams already through is some sort of big occasion.

Ok give us a concrete example of this rather than speaking in generalities. And not just “I heard a story”

Be no walkovers in underage games if you could play anyone you wanted under the age of the grade. Did Beano no harm to win 5 U12 championships in a row.

Too many families going abroad for holidays now. Too many auld lads unwilling to drive a lad home for an U17 round robin championship group C game.

Few tweaks there and we’ll be grand

1 Like

Charging 90 euro in to all Ireland finals.

Selling tv rights to sky sports.

And that means everyone in the GAA is selfish? All members of every club? That’s some leap

Isn’t there a lot of unsourced talk that the Super 8s are returning in 2023? This would add a minimum two weeks to the football championship schedule.

There is also unsourced talk that there will be a two gap between the All-Ireland finals in 2023, which would add another week to the overall schedule.

Which if all this is true would mean the All-Ireland football final of 2023 would be on August 13th.

Yes July and august are traditionally months people go on holidays for any number of reasons.

Croke park: let’s fix the club championships for then.

Inter county managers refusing to let players with their clubs is incredibly selfish and will now lead to destruction of many clubs.

Find out how much lads value the club championships so