Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

I see @BruidheanChaorthainn was on the sauce last night.

1 Like

Itā€™s tremendous.

First week in June.

Cooler, cheaper, less crowded. Ideal.

1 Like

Youā€™re very wrong here. So you are.

Very wrong.

2 Likes

GAA clubs will only fold if they lack leadership and any kind of cop on. And rural depopulation.

As I type here our tin pot operation has never had a higher participation rate and itā€™s mainly due to strong links with the primary school (c220 kids) and interest from 2 or 3 teachers.

The parish population hasnā€™t really swelled or decreased forever so weā€™re lucky.

The real challenge facing the GAA is declining population in rural clubs. Literally running out of kids to play.

6 Likes

Your agreeing with me so.

Clubs will fold every where.

100s of thousands to run clubs nowadays.

With the split season the funding will slowly disappear.

Walkovers all over the underage results on cork gaa website.

No Iā€™m not. Not at all. Youā€™re angry and wrong. Not a great combination.

The split season is a massive success.

1 Like

It doesnā€™t cost 100s of thousands to run a GAA club typically fields 2 adult teams in each code.

Thatā€™s mad stuff. A wild exaggeration if you will.

1 Like

Rugby has grown in every parish in Ireland In the past twenty years.

Hurling is played in less places now than ever.

We had hurling fans on here sneering at the problems with the hurling championships last night in Carlow.

The thick micks who run gaa have no interest in growing the game.

Itā€™s just fleece the fans and fuck everyone else.

The split season will finish the clubs.

Next year itā€™ll be a nine month inter county season.

In a few seasons inter county players wonā€™t play with the clubs.

A few more years thereā€™ll be generations of people who support inter county teams but have no connection to clubs.

The funding for clubs will disappear.

The clubs will slowly begin to fold.

I am right you are wrong.

The people in favour of the split season will have the blood on their hands.

No rugby in our parish unfortunately.

A handful of the current minor squad tried and thought it was gash so they just gave up.

No sorry one of the junior Bs does play actually.

2 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye:

The new emojis are very good.

The pig ignorance of the croke park and these absolutely weirdos who desperately defend the gaa at every opportunity will ensure the association is destroyed.

Itā€™ll unfold in front of our eyes over the next few years.

People can scream and fling personal abuse all they like but Iā€™ll be prove right.

1 Like

Lads blaming rural depopulation on the split seasonšŸ˜… The WFH initiative should be a positive in this regard. Hopefully more people settle in country areas. No coincidence that the likes of your Caltraā€™s were built off large families in small tight knit communities. Itā€™s just a sheer numbers game with 1 and 2 child families in small GAA clubs. Youā€™d need to channel your inner Arles-Kilcruise of 20 years ago and eek every last ounce out of every young lad in the club.

There were reports after their Leinster success in 2018 that due to their tiny population that Mullinalaghta may struggle to field in 10-15 years time. The success there was unreal and nearly defied logic. Beating super clubs like Kilmacud.

Your pretend opinion is nuts and indicative of someone either not involved or on a wind up.

Iā€™m sure youā€™re a grand lad/lady/neither.

2 Likes

My word ā€¦are the new emojis just for iPhone? This could change the forum

Iā€™m sorry but the wfh thing is nonsense.

Anybody I know canā€™t wait to get out of rural Ireland quick enough and anybody who is working from home is Valencia or Croatia with high speed broadband with a lower cost of living and their bosses are happy out.

Middle aged men with young families and
A mortgage on a house are completely out of touch here.

The next generations will have less and less ties to their home places. Thereā€™ll be less rural schools. The church is gone. The idea of the parish will die out.

The gaa needs to react now but it wonā€™t. Head in the sand.

1 Like

Keep Your head in the sand if you like.

You have blood on your hands :wink:

1 Like

I would agree some rural clubs will struggle but that is due to lack of numbers and nothing to do with split season. Loads of clubs in Laois have come together in last 20 years.