Gaa split season,killing Meath football since 2011

That is a very good idea.

I don’t watch the EPL. I have been at loads of club games this year and no intercounty games.

You said you won’t be stopped so what exactly are you going to do about it?

Yep, its a simple and very effective idea.

1 Like

That is actually one of the best ideas I’ve heard in a long time.

That’s a very good idea. As @myboyblue said above in my experience adult players coaching underage teams is a great way of getting the young lads interested in the adult team as well and also generally leads to better coaching

Would agree that big town and city teams becoming more successful will not be good long term. These teams have poor support. Cant beat the small country teams for support and passion.

1 Like

You are the fella pushing for small clubs to go under.

Just happens with rural teams. Have a core support who attend championships games. No need for efforts to be made to drum up support. Obviously have no conflicting rugby and soccer teams in majority of rural places.

The self styled club lobby is totally batshit. The Brexiteers of the GAA.

The simple fact is their a lot of people delighted with the round robin and eight month inter county season.

The soccer is back now to bridge the gap.

They’ll come out as club supporters but in reality they don’t give a damn about the long term future of the clubs.

The same fellas were targeting shane Walsh ironically enough.

I am from a small rural club. Loads of numbers at all ages so won’t be going under. Small rural clubs have been struggling for numbers since the 80s.

1 Like

Nothing bates training for Club championship games at the weekend, week in week out in this weather. Unrale. Club players going forward dont know how good they have it in comparison to us aul eejits. We suffered so they could soar.

You want your super 8s and your round robin don’t be trying to cod us.

No updates from Troy parrotts game this weekend ?

I think this is the last type of weather anyone wants to play in :sweat: :grinning:

I hear Laois and Offaly have a week kept free for EP, but the good Gaels in Kildare are refusing to budge. :clap:

Was at 1 inter county game this year. I’d imagine you were at more.

The inter county game is awful.

Lads whining on about shane Walsh’s transfer as being against the ethos of the association.

The super 8s/round robin, the sly sports deal, tickets being sold in centra, fans priced out of going, millions spent preparing inter county teams and inter county players not darkening the gate of their clubs for the first eight months of the year are all against the ethos of association but of course shane Walsh’s transfer is the big issue.

Thanks to the supporters of the split season many clubs will go under and we’ll be left with a god awful inter county season.

The club game is in general awful. I thought it was funny how that cute little tweet by Thomas Niblock that featured a photo of a crowd which was one deep around part of the pitch at a game last night conveniently neglected to mention the game itself was completely one sided, with one team winning by 13 points. It’s no wonder glenshane wasn’t looking at it.

In truth that is the norm at club level. Games are generally hilariously lopsided and competitive ones are the exception. Quality competitive games are a big exception and you generally have to go to the knockout stages of the Dublin SFC or Tyrone SFC to find them.

I can only speak for Limerick but the stand of club hurling has gone through the roof in the past decade or so.

These games are community based and the standard shouldn’t really come in to it too much.

If lads say the clubs are the bedrock of the association they should be given far more prominence than being shoehorned into the end of the year after an elongated inter county season that people are fast losing interest in.

In ten years time you’ll have way less clubs and clubs playing without inter county players.

They are pushing the inter county game towards a semi professional type set up. Only a few counties will be able to compete.

It’s all very sad.

You just described the All Ireland Football Championship there

3 Likes

While I dont agree you fully on this topic, I think the naivety on display in this thread is incredible.

I know someone who works in a junior role in Croke Park and they were saying that the hierarchy there dont give two shits about the club championship and laugh at the whole “AIB - The Toughest” promotion. Its of no real significance to them. When you see the way they went ahead and scheduled a round of NHL games to be in direct competition with the Clubs finals last February, its hard to argue it. While Kilmacud were winning their semi final, Dublin were warming up for their NFL opener at Croke Park at the same time.

I’m not quite sure what their end goal is, but i think its fair to say that AI Finals in July is definitely not a long term plan. In its current guise the ‘split season’ was set up to fail.

2 Likes