GAA Teams of the Decade

[quote=“tipptops*”]Have Leitrim any All-Stars in the last 10 years?

last 20 even?[/quote]

Two since 1990, Mickey Quinn and Seamus Quinn.

Neither fit to lace Browne’s boots :thumbsup:

I’d rate Fitzhenry the best keeper of this decade and the last one as well. Also I’d go along with Mark Foley being a better hurler than O’Hailpin.

Stephen O’Neill is a glaring ommission from the football team.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Wasn’t much between them for me. Obviously the Wexican fellas are going to be precious over Fitzhenry and rightly so. Fitzhenry also had to face into the best team ever to play hurling year in year out, which in itself deserves respect and needs to be taken into account when querying a couple of soft ones.

Cummins also loses point in my book for wearing those fucking ridiculous 4 jerseys.[/quote]

Along with your Sean Og comment, this cements the fact that you shouldn’t be allowed comment on hurling on this, or any site, your totally fucking clueless.You think with your hiding white writing in posts your being funny, but you just a complete and utter fucktard, who doesn’t seem to have much of an opinion of his own. And while you may also think your “winding me up” having a go at Cork players/people, when you agree with something as stupid as Sean Og is the most over rated hurler ever, you look like a fuckwit, which of course you are.

I’d be thinking Cummins is the best keeper over the decade.

Lads on about Paddy Bradley. Will ye read the criteria the 2 lads were going by, they went against it themselves. They said they were going very heavy on teams that won, Derry didn’t win anything near what Kerry, Tyrone or Armagh won. And Link, a full forward is supposed to hang around the 21. The more i think about it the madder it is they left Donaghy out, he was a massive influence in 2 All-Irelands, and in many other games along the way.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]The problem you’re going to run into with holding up this arguement is that Mark Foley in his prime consisted of two Seasons and neither of those occured over the past decade.[/quote]Well he won an all star in 01 which last time I checked was in this decade.:rolleyes:

His performance against Armagh and Bellew in a quarter a few years back was as fine from a full forward as you will ever see.

A class act.

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]Along with your Sean Og comment, this cements the fact that you shouldn’t be allowed comment on hurling on this, or any site, your totally fucking clueless.You think with your hiding white writing in posts your being funny, but you just a complete and utter fucktard, who doesn’t seem to have much of an opinion of his own. And while you may also think your “winding me up” having a go at Cork players/people, when you agree with something as stupid as Sean Og is the most over rated hurler ever, you look like a fuckwit, which of course you are.

I’d be thinking Cummins is the best keeper over the decade.

Lads on about Paddy Bradley. Will ye read the criteria the 2 lads were going by, they went against it themselves. They said they were going very heavy on teams that won, Derry didn’t win anything near what Kerry, Tyrone or Armagh won. And Link, a full forward is supposed to hang around the 21. The more i think about it the madder it is they left Donaghy out, he was a massive influence in 2 All-Irelands, and in many other games along the way.[/quote]

The point i was making is that Donaghy,Clarke and O Neill all had brilliant players operating alongside them on thier full forward line while Bradley operated beside fellas vwho wouldnt even make Kerry,Armagh or Tyrone panels.

Give MBB a break hes a hurling man out and out,your easily wound up.

[quote=“THE LINK WALSH”]The point i was making is that Donaghy,Clarke and O Neill all had brilliant players operating alongside them on thier full forward line while Bradley operated beside fellas vwho wouldnt even make Kerry,Armagh or Tyrone panels.

Give MBB a break hes a hurling man out and out,your easily wound up.[/quote]

Ah yes, no doubt about that, they are still better player in my opinion, no matter what way you look at it. Well certainly O’ Neill and Donaghy.

Everyone here can be wound up, everyone. Just say anything about their own counties and off they go.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I knew that there would be people clamouring for the player from the small county to be included on the basis that ifhe was with a bigger county he would have stacks of medals.

I also feel that Declan Browne has almost become representative of such a footballer. He has two All Stars - that is quite unbelievable. I thought he only had one.
[/quote]

Declan Browne is easily among the best footballers of the last decade. No-one said he’d have stacks of medals if he was with a bigger county, he had his pick of them if he was so inclined,
that he won 2 all-stars kicking football with Tipperary would be a bit of a giveaway, no?

[quote=“caoimhaoin”]

Everyone here can be wound up, everyone. Just say anything about their own counties and off they go.[/quote]

I used to think that Rocko couldn’t be got at…You’d never hoik him in, he’d always be above it all and then one fine day KaBlammmo - He disintegrated before our very eyes on the “Should Aiden McGeady leave Celtic” thread.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Read the first paragraph by Shannon, it helps to explain his thinking. Dolan doesnt deserve to be in contention imo, if for no other reason than when that 21 yd free.

Donnellan might have been worth a nod, but like Meehan lost out due to Galways capitulation late in the decade.
Nice to see Joe Higgins get a mention.[/quote]

Capitulation? Galway have been as distinctly average as everyone else bar Kerry and Tyrone for the last few years. You could leave out players like Donnellan, Joyce, Walsh, Mannion, De Paor on the basis that their glory years were from 98 to 01, alas not fully compatible with silly lists like this.

Michael Donnellan was one of the most overrated players of this generation.

There I said it.

Great engine but no football in him. To call him a great is completely wrong for me.

For the talent that was there, ye should have done a huge amount better. No sense denying it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Michael Donnellan was one of the most overrated players of this generation.

There I said it.

Great engine but no football in him. To call him a great is completely wrong for me.[/quote]

:rolleyes:
So a player with 2 All Ireland medals including man of the match in 98 has ‘no football in him’ Even for you Farmer this is a new level of idiocy your reaching for here.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Michael Donnellan was one of the most overrated players of this generation.

There I said it.

Great engine but no football in him. To call him a great is completely wrong for me.[/quote]

Wasn’t he responsible for “the greatest football moment of all time” according to RTE? A solo run in the first half of an All-Ireland final. :rolleyes: His family must have been fair busy on the phone that night. The result of that poll should tell you all you need to know about the futility of lists like this. Fallon and Joyce wre definitely better players anyway.

So a player with 2 All Ireland medals including man of the match in 98 has ‘no football in him’ Even for you Farmer this is a new level of idiocy your reaching for here.[/quote]

There are many ordinary players out there with two All Ireland medals. His ‘wonder point’ against Kildare was all about his engine, of which he had a great one.

I watched him for many years in the flesh and never struck me as even nearly the most talented footballer on that team. His freekicks were bulltoes, he wasn’t a great fielder despite playing in midfield on occasion and contributed relatively little on the score sheet for a forward.

No ones denying anything.Your statement there could easily apply to 20 or so other counties throughout this decade

20 counties? You’re kidding right? 4, maybe 5, after that, no.

So a player with 2 All Ireland medals including man of the match in 98 has ‘no football in him’ Even for you Farmer this is a new level of idiocy your reaching for here.[/quote]

And a club all ireland and a hogan cup, there must have been a lot of fellas carrying donnellan down through the years…

Leitrim squandered their talent.

There was an All Ireland in that team in the early part of this decade. Reached Connacht final in 2000.