GAA Videos

Why did your man boot the ball away there to no-one. Different times obviously but surely he could have ran on a bit more with it and try to draw a foul. A long time since I’ve seen someone wear one of those thigh supports too!

Is yer man who booted it forward the full back who can’t get close to DJ at the end?

Some great first time hurling there. DJ had mastered the fuck it out in front of you and run onto it when the KK lads of the 00’s were only pups.

You don’t see many lads kicking a clearance anymore :smiley:

You wouldn’t see much of any of that sequence anymore, a kick, a pull on the ground clearance, a lad striking it with no touch in the hand or look to see where it was going.

Hurling in the 90’s was still very raw. Every man in his position, bate it as far as you can, as fast as you can and it’s the forwards problem then. It looks awful careless now.

Bill Maher if I’m not mistaken. It was him caught by DJ later on alright, tbf DJ dropped out to the half forward line, you couldnt be expecting a full back to make two runs out from the square in that short a space of time back then.

Twas fairly agricultural all the same.

I know most won’t give a fuck, but this is a decent article on the travails of Laois Hurling in the 90s. As always, a litany of what might have beens.

https://sportstalk.ie/the-team-that-time-forgot-the-story-of-laois-hurling-in-the-1990s/

2 Likes

That year Pat Critchley was manager. He headed off for San Fran for the Summer after the defeat. He picked up a paper out there a few weeks later, and saw that Babs Keating had been appointed Laois Hurling Manager. Pat found that a bit odd, because he was still Laois Manager.

Thats Laois Hurling in a nutshell.

Why did Denis Byrne transfer to Tipp after?

To get a game at inter county level

I was at that game, spent that summer living and working in Carlow. It was close match from what I recall

Because he’s a thick as shit fuckin eijit. Note I’m not using the past tense

1 Like

Kilkenny people seem to have got very exercised about that move.

What club did he join in tipp ?

Mullinahone

1 Like

Hope they’re not travelling more than 2km while doing it