Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Not for me, but there would be lots who’d like him back. Not many other candidates though, and I’d prefer him to others about.
New co board chairman since he left?

Galways luck was horrible this year. Not only the injuries but the draw they got in the group stage wasn’t ideal, Joe McQuillan made some very dodgy calls in the Armagh game, and even then had Tyrone managed to beat Westmeath Galway would have still topped the group. They didn’t, and then Galway got the worst possible draw next day out again. They say winners find a way but you need a rub of the green as well at some stage.

2 Likes

Rest in peace Jimmy.

2 Likes

Just short of the 70. RIP.

2 Likes

:disappointed_relieved: that’s very sad. I was just talking about him thlis morning, he came up in photos on FB.
Condolences to the Cooney family. Rest in peace Jimmy.

6 Likes

Terrible sad news. A gentleman. RIP to him. He was no age.

1 Like

He was the kindest man you would ever meet. I’m actually quite upset by this.

2 Likes

All-Ireland winner Johnny Glynn returns to Galway club Ardrahan

Ardrahan were promoted to the Senior A championship last year

All-Ireland winner Johnny Glynn returns to Galway club Ardrahan

WED, 02 AUG, 2023 - 08:33

MAURICE BROSNAN

All-Ireland winner Johnny Glynn has transferred back to his home club Ardrahan from the United States with the club championship set to kick off this weekend.

Ardrahan were promoted to the Senior A championship last year and Glynn officially completed his transfer from New York’s Hoboken Guards in July. The 30-year-old works as a project manager for a construction firm Stateside. He is expected to feature for his native club in the next few weeks.

Glynn emigrated after the 2015 All-Ireland final and commuted to play for Galway during their 2017 success as well as the following summer when they reached the All-Ireland final. He played for New York footballers over the last few seasons and was a star midfielder as they secured a historic win over Leitrim in the opening round of the Connacht championship.

It remains to be seen if he will be available for Galway when the intercounty season resumes. Glynn confirmed last year he did speak to manager Henry Shefflin and he had not retired from intercounty action. Covid caused a delay in his American visa confirmation which meant he was unable to commit.

Ardrahan are currently managed by former Clare hurler Syl Dolan and have former intercounty player Iarla Tannion and current senior squad member Cianan Fahy in their side. They take on Castlegar in the opening round this Saturday.

1 Like

He’s a grand aul life.

1 Like

Who dya fancy to win it out?

Loughrea I reckon

I backed Sars on Monday. 13/2

Loughrea are a huge catchment these days. They have the two killeens et al. They should have won it last year. Tommy’s are absolutely admirable, but I’d like to see someone coming through. Seems a small bit stale from afar.
I see rahoon-newcastle-salthill have their first outing Vs kiltormer in loughrea. What’s the story with the venue?

A heroic Cappy county title win despite Skehill conceding 3 goals minimum every match is the dream for us neutrals.

1 Like

This is news to me? S/K are play M/E tomorrow evening Junior A.

Jeeez no! There would be no living with them

Even allowing for the Salthill bit I’m not getting you. What’s up with the venue?

Didn’t realize it was neutral venues?