Galway - quadruple travails part 2

For a second there I thought they’d dragged salthill Vs moycullen out to tuam.
The locals could make a right few “mind your car” pound

Mountbellew
Moycullen
Claregalway
Corofin

1 Like

Galway SFC: SEMI-FINALS

Mountbellew-Moylough v Moycullen
Milltown v Corofin

3 Likes

Galway IFC: SEMI-FINALS

Kilconly v Oileaín Árann
Monivea-Abbey v Cortoon Shamrocks

1 Like

I was driving through Galway today and had Galway Bay FM on. Apparently Clarinbridge bet Athenry in the minor semifinal something like 4.17-3.16. Niland scored 4.15, Rabbitte 2.12. Be interesting to see how they develop over the next few years.

7 Likes

Galway Bay FM Sport understands that the term of Galway Senior Hurling Manager Henry Shefflin has been extended to 2025.
Shefflin, who has been in charge of Galway for the past 2 years, has reached the All Ireland semi final in those 2 seasons, losing both to Limerick.
It has also been confirmed that Eamon O’Shea has joined the Galway back room team. The former Tipperary Manager and Coach has lived in Galway for years and is retiring from his work as a professor in the University of Galway.
GBFM sport can also confirm that current St Thomas manager Kenneth Burke is to be put forward for ratification as the new Galway Minor hurling manager.
Burke will take over from Fergal Healy as Minor manager.

1 Like

Between Joyce & Shefflin we’re in for a mediocre 2024

The double is on

1 Like

Ah bit harsh on both. Shefflin just doesn’t have the hurlers. He’s bringing in O’Shea and O’Connor to help so would give him credit for that.

I’m with @Lazarus
Fcuk the doubters.

1 Like

I dunno. It’s one thing not to have the hurlers and another thing to retreat when you have Limerick in a rare spot of bother. I think that showed us he’s tactically suspect.

I’m afraid Henry just does not have the minerals for Galway hurling.

Is there a scatter of coaches coming through now from the first Corofin golden generation?

He’s brought in O’Shea to help him with the tactical stuff. Would give him some credit for that. Just can’t think of anyone that would fo a better job.

2 Likes

Me neither tbh.

I wonder what the conversation he had with them was. If it’s I’m gonna win now it’s fantasy, if it’s develop players properly for at least a year then ok. Is he blaming Lukasz for poor conditioning and wants a better crack with someone else. O Shea is a good addition.

Kenneth Burke as minor manager also. It looks like Aiden Harte will be Clare u20/1 manager. He has crusheen in the county final after they were touted for relegation or so I was told.

If it was O’Shea replacing the current selectors I’d be a bit more optimistic but he’s only an addition and I don’t think there’s any departures. I’d be delighted if they prove me wrong and win a Leinster title/get to a final.
I’ll say this in Henry’s defense. He’s done a lot more with a good bit less than Joyce has in his 4 seasons.

2 Likes

For inter county hurling

Im confident that EOS will be the main man alongside KH.

1 Like

Don’t mind Screeney. Ye have something here alright.