Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Haven’t heard of balsa being used in hurleys

You’ve not tried them then.

Please tell me that’s a training top.

Nope. Away jersey for the hurlers next year.

No.
O’ Dea still uses ash to my knowledge. One of the best hurley makers in the country, the choice of David Burke, the Sarsfields Cooneys, Niamh Kilkenny and many others.
My daughter used a bambo hurley for puck outs onlyvwhile she played. She preferred it to the cultec.

1 Like

Is it not just a commemorative one for yesterday? They have it marked that way on the O’Neills site. The white one only came out last season.

For the 1923 AI, played in 1924?

1 Like

Heard a snippet of an interview with Paul Bellew on the radio yesterday. They’re definitely wearing it against the limericks in the league and thought he said it would be the away jersey for the year.

Didn’t we wear those colours back in 1923/24?

@Fagan_ODowd might know

2 Likes

he does.

Seemingly so. All the names of that team are emblazoned on the jersey

1 Like

That’s a lovely jersey. Sadly missing a collar

1 Like

Why not recreate that exact jersey. Be a cracker

Kyler would choke a lad to death with that draw string

1 Like

I bought three in ardrahan before that were absolutely dreadful. Light awful things. On the main road iirc. Maybe it wasn’t him.

Jeez I was there a couple times but sitting here at home I cannot think exactly where he is. If I remember right, turn left for Ardrahan pitch coming from Galway, he’s out that road a bit.

Thats it… out past Higgins ould shop/wool merchants and he’s on the left before you get to the crossroads for Craughwell/Peterswell/Labane.

1 Like