Galway - quadruple travails part 2

Lawless looked very good today. Ronan Glennon hurled like a lad that was out all night.

1 Like

Didnā€™t see any of it. Would Lawless be an option at FB? Could move Dawhee into midfield or CB.

Is Fintan Burke up to the standard to play no.3 at intercounty or is that something that has been tried and failed?

Early days yet, but he was impressive today. They wouldnā€™t start a rookie in championship at FB. Fintan would be the option there I think.

I think heā€™s a model for it tbh.

Has to be Fintan and Dawhee to 6

I didnā€™t know if there is a concern about his speed and mobility, but then GM has been the favoured option there at times so it canā€™t be that.

Shur didnā€™t he lose a good bit of time with injury. Far better option than Gmac.

The suggestion there of Dawhee to midfield is an interesting one, he still has a fine engine on him and would bring some power to that part of the field. Good man to spot an opening to run into as well.

Not something i considered to be honest, couldnā€™t see him any further out the field than cb.

1 Like

Monahan was the only other decent performance I can recall from today. Heā€™s some boy for the steps though.

Plays there for Turlough quite a bit. A very underrated stickman imo. I think that he would work in center field.

1 Like

Too good at CB and no-one to replace him imho

1 Like

Iā€™m sure he moved there for them late on in the county final and changed the game entirely. Himself and Cathal Mannion would be some contrast of styles as a partnership.

1 Like

Jesus they would.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul.
I still fear we are well in transition. The question is to what.
I am absolutely behind KH though.

1 Like

The county final is unfortunately different gravy.

Iā€™d like to see Fintan at 3, Fahy at 6 and Daithi at 8. Thatā€™d give you a nice spine of timber aficionados necessary to cover for some of our more timid lads like Cathal Mannion and Tom Monaghan.

A spine of timber is always priority number 1 for me.

FYP

1 Like