Galway - quadruple travails part 2

I thought the tidyness of our hurling was way off. Caught in possession, blocked easily and failure to lift the ball at times.

I’d agree with you on the disconnect between backs and forwards.

We did well to dig it out, did we deserve it? not so sure.

5 Likes

KK have the capacity to improve and grow. I don’t see it in us

Agreed. A young, hungry, hard-working team. No fault to our lads, too many the wrong side of 30.

I see it more in us. We handed them two or tree pints by fcuking about in the backs. I actually thought our backs were excellent and the forwards dangerous. In the spells we clicked we were mighty.
Missed some bad enough frees too.

I hope you’re right pal

Ah lads I admire the positivity but Kilkenny missing Cody and Mullen was huge. This was a day we needed to beat them by 5+ and we couldn’t.

We’re not holding things back or waiting in the grass. Just not tactically good enough.

Conor C missed wan from straight in front of the posts in the 2nd half with the wind behind him. Can’t afford that on a day when TJ was nailing all his frees even into the wind. Niland was huge with his 7 points after he came on.

It was a game that it felt like Kilkenny controlled for large spells but when you look at the stats you see Galway hit 14 wides to Kilkenny’s 7. And Galway pretty much had all the goal chances. Took 2 but could easily have had 4 on another day. Kilkenny never sniffed a goal chance. Credit to Kilkenny though. They were very efficient with their chances today. Galway will have to look at how they let lads like Keoghan and Donnelly have so much space. 8 points from play between them. Made them look like superstars.

6 Likes

That we did. Their use of the ball was simply better than ours. A team better or at least as good as its parts.
A point was grand today really, just need to make the Leinster final if possible and see.
Our backs were excellent in defence.

Henry Bosh :facepunch:

Any of you lads heading down our way on Saturday? If ya’s are bringing the family, there’s a music and food festival in Enniscorthy over the weekend as well… Wouldn’t impact on your trip or anything, just letting ya’s know :+1:t2:

6 Likes

I can’t unfortunately due to work, but thanks. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

You back living on Irish soil this weather?

I am at the minute.

1 Like

Happy days :ok_hand:t2: Did ya ever come across Billy Walsh’s brother in Manchester by any chance?

By name?

Toddy

I didn’t knowingly.

1 Like

David Burke, Sean Linnane dropped
Big Mc and Evan Niland in

Burke still needed for twenty or so. Linnane not commanding enough in the air but they have plenty of miles on the clock. Hard to see are they building for the future…

1 Like

That is a very small 8 to 12 by recent Galway standards. Not too many ball winners in there. Mainly all ball players. No dogs.

2 Likes