Galway - quadruple travails part 2

I like TJ Ryan. Id take him.
Diabhal has it above. It’s an impossible job as a quorum ofGalway folk are deluded about the talent just waiting to be unleashed. We’ve hundreds of very good players, but fewer elite talents.
I enjoyed Sunday, had a great day. It would have been a great game but for that little cork prick.
The players and the bench all tried their hardest. What more can you ask?
We have no God given right to beat anyone.
Effort is all you can ask, and that is what we got.
HS gave all he had, but I think we need now to consider whether it is working.
I wouldn’t mind him getting another year as long as EOS becomes the primary force, but I think and have thought for a while that they should be scouring the ranks for size and aggression.
It is now a tactical and possession game like never before. Lads are quite correct that come championship, throwing and holding and grappling are tolerated across the board, and you cannot win without them. These are the rules currently being employed. We need to accept this and act on it.

4 Likes

What about the guy over the camogie, is it Murray? He’s done a lot of years there now.
Is the problem with lack of those minors coming through that they were balanced with teams with few standouts.
Look at wexford. Brutal at underage for years, yet they had 3 u21s starting yesterday against kilkenny and all acquited themselves excellently.

All good points Flatty, but again I am going to harp about where our player pool is at right now.
I spoke with a senior member of the football backroom team yesterday and he shares the same opinion that Galway is light years behind the rest in terms of S&C. Our main gripe together was how much is expected of amateur players, and in his case staff, nowadays. But take it as a norm, we compared Galway at minor in both codes. We are no where near other counties in terms of size and conditioning. P Bellew made a statement that Galway minors weren’t in Leinster to win titles, just development.
We seem to be doing the same ‘tidy hurler’ stuff we were doing in the 90’s. And in those terms we are going nowhere soon.
The whole mentality in the county is wrong. Where you have club delegates content that Senior B is still ‘‘Senior’’ and Intermediate isn’t Junior A, it’s difficult to see how a director of hurling is going to have an impact.

2 Likes

let it go GIF

He’s not going away you know.

He might be gone be the time we have to worry again, that oul pot belly has taken hold. He won’t be bothering us again this year.

He’s bothered us for years. The grim reaper.

You’re very hard on referees.

Some of them. It’s unfair, but there you have it.

The Dublin player clearly threw the ball before the hit. It should have been a Galway free first.

Galway were done up like kippers

1 Like

https://x.com/ConorOd27121808/status/1795238650633986446?t=oGaAyMVVuT4alCHQoIoklA&s=19

He got what he deserved so.

Galway should demand a replay.

Leinster rubby could’ve used that coddler on Saturday

1 Like

https://x.com/GaaCollector/status/1795457373043126496?t=oWYTkKTPBHFFXGtZEFT00Q&s=09

Galway got a fair return from this Minor team.

2 Likes

A nice bit of sniping from Lynskey.

Who’s going to fancy the role. They’d want to be mad eof leather as theres no glory in it for a few years.

1 Like

Lynskey isn’t everyones cup of tea but he says it as he sees it which is what’s needed now.

I think a fella worth tapping into regarding the future of Galway hurling is David Burke. Maybe now isn’t the time… but I get the feeling his impact on the counties hurling fortunes didn’t end last Sunday.

2 Likes

Galways U20s looked like an U12 against Dublin, Lohan aside.

Was PB the guy forced Donohue out?
He done disasterous job in picking the last 2 managers and should be kept as far away from the process as possible. No outsiders allowed.
Galway have more than enough good young talent to gets things togehter quickly.

1 Like

No, this was one of Pat Kearneys last acts

1 Like

Gavin Keary should be put in charge of one of the underage teams and see how he gets on. Has got a bit of experience with Clare. Move him up the ranks then. This shite of promoting underachievers is finally coming home to roost.