Galway - quadruple travails part 2

If Bernardā€™s only responsible for 2-4 we might come within 8 points of the unstoppable Rossie juggernaut

Finnerty will surely start

1 Like

He was way off the mark against Mayo. Himself and Tierney need to get the Croker yips out of them if we have any hope of getting to a final again.

2 Likes

Thats as poor as a Galway team as i have seen in a while. Physically be destroyed by Limerick.

They are playing Wexford though, so they will be grand.

3 Likes

Id be amazed if burke started instead of Finnerty but who knows. Sean Fitzgerald can consider himself very unlucky.

1 Like

Nailed it. Thatā€™s 2 finals in a row Galway were the better team but didnā€™t bring home the bacon. PJ wonā€™t stand for any more shite

Itā€™s very similar to the team that played in last yearā€™s semi-final?

David Burke played very well that day and will be a loss, and obviously Mannion is still to come in but otherwise itā€™s similar.

They need to get a bit more from Niland and the enigma that is Conor Cooney (or replace them), they might need to push Joseph Cooney on a line for physicality alone and probably need one of their younger players to really step up in attack, I like Collins, think heā€™s very lively.

If you look at most I/C hurling teamsheets these days they are all pretty woeful.

Would be surprised if that team starts. Thereā€™s usually a few changes with PJ. Ian Burke barely played during the league so to parachute him straight into the team seems odd. Unless he had an onrale training camp in Portugal. Had heard during the week that McDaid was not guaranteed to start. Still trying to shake off whatever knock he has.

The Rossies will mindfuck that dope Cooke into getting sent-off too. Davy Burke is the smartest man in Grab All Association presently.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen Grealish get badly roasted against Eoin Coady last year in Pearse though he recovered well in the end. Iā€™ve rarely seen Morrissey getting badly done.

1 Like

Leinster is fairly poor. I can see why it has been christened hurlingā€™s europa league. Funny thing is if you take out Limerick the team with the most skilful and exciting players for me are Waterford. It will be interesting to see how they get on.

Waterfordā€™s team/subs for Sunday way ahead of that Galway 26 for me.

I hope they click as when in full flow they can be great to watch. I enjoyed their win over Galway in Thurles in 2021 and again in the League Final last year.

When they down tools though it gets ugly very quickly.

Can I just check something?
Galway play Wexford Saturday? In the Leinster Hurlin championship ? Yea?

Limerick and Waterford, are not playing Galway Saturday? They are still in the Munster division right?

4 Likes

A dirty little fucker. No fear of him.

:flushed::flushed::joy:

Itā€™s hard to keep up with all the sports and competitions Galway are in tbh.

1 Like

They could struggle against Wexford. The yellow bellies are the value at 4/1

Itā€™s a fairly lightweight forward line for the hurlers. Not much physically in midfield either, but plenty of hurling in them.

String looking football side named, with a decent bench to call on. The sheep stealing mutants are due a win against us in their own patch. 1990 was some while ago.

1 Like