Galway Utd Supporters Club

Sometimes tbe bigger picture hurts
The actual Galway team are shite!

Not on paper but underperforming to a man last while
Inconsistency united
Can’t always blame the boss!
Time fir Galway to look in the mirror
So easssssyyyyyyy to sack a manager without admitting that individually they’re woefully bad at times
You cane to Turner’s cross as a v decent team and played as a team
But the hot n cold performances throughout the league campaign was evident throughout

UCD will put them to the sword
Waterford - like Galway spent big and their stars didn’t cut it this season
On paper they should have won the first division title without this play off fiasco
Junior turned up last night because fumbles dropped the ball ( in everything he did)
That Waterford team turned up last night
But will they repeat it?
Doubt it
Galway last night would have been beaten by any of the first division teams

The team are shite. No denying that. But the nature of League of Ireland is that we could end up releasing 75% of that squad and with the right manager we could get it together. For the first time in decades the club has a great academy, a fantastic hardcore support for a second tier and a board that is making the right noises on all non-Caulfield matters.

But Caulfield is an absolutely useless cunt that treats us supporters to regular beatings against Athlone. He’s not good enough to turn things around and with any common sense from Comers they should pay him out.

2 Likes

It absolutely was his fault. He is a manager on the slide big time. Never underestimate what he did for Cork but he is over the hill now. No shame in that. He has a dressing room that plays in spite of him. He did nothing to change that game last night. Galway don’t want him. Cork got rid for a reason and it because he isn’t a good man manager these days.
You love him for what he did for cork and I totally respect that but could he still do it. I doubt very much.

2 Likes

Waterford were not to far away from cork all things considered. Cork deserved the league win. If Searle had of been manager from the start of the season maybe it be a different story. Ian Morris for whatever reason was not the man for the job and too many points were dropped at that stage. The league is weak enough so it was no great shakes to get the play offs but they have been very consistent the last few months.
It’s great they play UCD again in the play off. Hopefully they keep their manager in situ for this one and take them on.

1 Like

Cork got rid after 5/6 losses crazy behaviour
And then went downhill straight away to the first division

If he’d have been left stay we wouldn’t have dropped that’s my firm belief
It’s a shit place to be in
We’ve been there
Won’t be returning
Irrespective of how bad some fans believe he got it wrong etc etc

The fuckin team should have manned up the last few outings
THEY DIDNT

On paper yeve a decent squad
On the pitch gross mistakes by individual players have cost ye

In all fairness that fella in goal wouldn’t get a start with Duffys circus :clown_face: and his back line in front of him

Waterford- ill disciplined bunch
Junior turns up on rare occasions
They should be beating all round them
They’re not
On the big occasion even when our gang were playing absolute drivel we bate them
Even the 0-0 draw we’d them whipped all over the place
Whh he at happened last night to Galway is exactly what will happen to CCFC unless quality is brought in
Atm at best we are a first division side

I’ve played against Caulfields teams and a few of my mates played for him.

He’s a hard case, doesn’t suffer fools and knows the game inside out.

His teams were always militant in organisation and extremely well drilled. He never let them switch off for a second from the line

1 Like

Issue raised weeks ago FAI ( fuck all intelligence) just let it slide

1 Like

I agree - and rate him highly
When with CCFC until the board started a heave against him
None of our gang were in the piss
Too afraid and too much respect for him
Week he left the whole thing fell apart to the extent my mate a doorman at the time caught a few doing lines of coke

He was brilliant with Avondale
And outstanding for CCFC
Brought the swagger back
But the boo boys got their way
And we nosedived

Never complicated the game. Avondale were winning fai cups left right and centre and their training was mainly high intensity 5 a side games at a ferocious pace

1 Like

I’ve great not blind faith in him tbh
Has a few cross words a while back
Got me mixed up with a prick giving him lilty for weeks
Confronted me
At half time he stepped over to us
Apologised and admitted twas pointed out that he got the wrong sham

The langer behind our group was at him for weeks non stop
“ Caulfield ya loser- fuck off - give the job to someone who wants it etc

Usual rubbish
I told your man as did others to wise up
He didn’t and him and his cronies got louder and eventually the board had an excuse to sack him

There were quite a few ppl booing Johnny C and then bang

PS was chatting to several CCFC players in the mardyke a few months ago
None who played under Johnny C
But all agreed they’d love to

My smallie was with them’
Until he went to UCC
Got a FAI winners medal last year so Avondales training benefited him also

I attend lots of Dale matches love the club
It’s a real steady Eddie club
Respected
Hopefully my guy will return to Avondale ok when college finishes up🤞
Johnny C is a legend both there the college and turner’s cross

I loved the fact that after city sacked him Avondale asked him to present the intermediate cup to them up in Dublin
I’m we were there and I saw it meant a lot to him

He got some reception

1 Like

Going through a slow time atm
But they’ll be back where they belong again

1 Like

What’s new sure.

100% his fault

the buck stops with him

1 Like

There’s an identical story that happened at a Galway United match last season. He was slow enough to apologise to the victim of his confusion even when it was made clear there was mistaken identity.

1 Like

Caufield’s time is surely up. Gone a bit toxic with him now and a fresh start is needed.

Results won’t improve for sacking him. Fact is he’ll have gotten every last ounce out of those players by hook or by crook

1 Like

I wouldn’t agree with that at all.

Situation now has all the hallmarks of a manager that has ran out of road with the dressing room and the club in general. It just hasn’t worked out unfortunately. I was excited when he was appointed, but it hasn’t worked.