Galway v Clare

Golf is the new national sport in Italy as of last Sunday. Theyā€™re a laughing stock now in soccer.

1 Like

Eddy Salcedo just came on mate.

1 Like

Odd that the greatest footballer ever just joined juve then

1 Like

My discussions with some members of the Cuala panel suggests half of them donā€™t give a fuck about inter county and just donā€™t play.

1 Like

There is no prestige playing stick hurling for dublin

Do you know how many dubliners were on those teams? Did you watch the minor today?

Yip, hard to deny it. Time to unleash a few young lads and go for broke.

1 Like

That Ronaldo lad thatā€™s never scored in a World Cup knock out game?

Clare played a lovely, cerebral brand of hurling. That equalising point at the end of extra-time was a case in point. They trusted their skills and they trusted their strategy. I think that cerebrality appeals to association football lovers like myself and @Cicero_Dandi.

Colm Galvinā€™s clean dispossesion at 71:25 which stopped an almost certain Galway point and was the starting point for the attack which would bring Clare level, was Diego Godin-esque.

Theyā€™ll certainly have the neutral support next week.

3 Likes

Loftus did fine. Need lads who can win ball on the ground

1 Like

It would be a case of Loftus Cheek were he to pull out of playing with Jack Grealish.

2 Likes

I thought galway had no luck with the hawkeyes, got ridden by the ref in that their forwards were pulled dragged and mauled throughout, and got frees far far harder than the clare forwards, but, I thought clare played the more intelligent hurling, and really we were hanging on throughout, and clare deserved to win overall.
A great game. I was livid after, but Iā€™m calm now, and clare were very good.

Peter Duggan got the RTƉ Man of the Match.

Padraig Mannion got the Sky Sports Man of the Match.

Clare did all the hurling. Heā€™s an awful godhelpus of a ref though. Blows the second a player throw hands in the air i warched him a few times, ignores jersey pulls. They were cute out all they had to do was play the man and spoil it onto the ground and they won that easy all day. Not sure how weā€™d go against cork looking at that.

Clare trusted themselves to maintain possession. We went lamping it and relied on glynn and whelan to make their own scores.

2 Likes

You love hurling mate

1 Like

Owens is an awful clown, no consistency at all to his frees. Iā€™ll have to watch it back but did we get a free from the time we went 9 ahead until Clare pulled it back to level in the second half? The fouling on Conor Whelan in every game is beyond a joke at this stage and he rarely gets a free.

4 Likes

Owen has no backbone. He blows when he hears a shout or sees a dive.
Galway got two very soft frees in extra time. Has Glennon any skill other than diving?

Iā€™d say thatā€™s because they were wide.

12 Likes

There is no luck with Hawkeye. Thatā€™s the whole point of it. :rollseyes:

11 Likes

Only one team was ever done in by hawkeye

That was us.
And your lot benefitted