Galway v Clare

They need to make the shintyball heavier

1 Like

Agreed

The 12th most popular sport in Ireland and one that was codeified by the brits is a national.sport

You are nuts

In Galway’s last three matches they’ve twice all but lost 9 point first half leads and have twice led by 3 around the 66 minute mark and drew both of those matches, without conceding a goal. Apart from 15 minute purple patches they’ve been scratchy enough all year. To me that points to a jaded team. I thought Galway did well to escape with a draw today. From half through the first half of regulation time, Clare were much the better side.

Galway’s score differential for their last four semis is +1. If they are the best team of a generation or a dynasty then the semi is the time to get them.

Hurling is an ancient game mate, was played long before your Viking, Norman and English ancestors invaded.

+1

and Italian chipper owning antecedents

1 Like

The semifinal is always the best shot to beat the favorites, Galway beating Cork twice on the 70s and Kilkenny in 2001 and 2005 prime examples.

Hitting conkers with sticks was a way to idle away a few minutes.agreed

1 Like

Galway have always struggled in stick hurling semi-finals. In years past they were automatically parachuted into the semis as they are they only county in Connaught who play this lark.

And yet Dublin have won more Liam McCarthy trophies.

1 Like

But not according to @Cicero_Dandi

The limerick shams are shitting it now, were sure Clare were going to be trimmed.

Over to you shower of tog shitters now.

When did Dublin last win an AI or make a final for that matter mate? Any finals they won in the mists of time were with most of their team from other counties.

I wouldn’t be crowing too much about those Dublin wins. There was one native born Dublin player on those 6 All Ireland winning Dublin teams. They were all won in times when the rule was you played for the county you were resident in. If you went through the make up of those 6 All Ireland Dublin hurling winning teams, you’d actually find more Galway representation on them than the lone Dub - the obvious starting point one of Galway’s most famous hurlers, Mick Gill.

2 Likes

I switched over before ET to watch Chelsea and Inter.

1 Like

Good for you.

Dublin have still won more all-Irelands than Galway.

1 Like

:clap: I can fully understand that after all association football is the national game in your country

3 Likes

It’s called calcio in his country

1 Like