Galway v Tipp

He didn’t have to go on twitter mouthing off about GAA. Not defending Fogarty - who is a complete company man - but he didn’t lead that other ape into posting inane thoughts on twitter.

Why not? He played GAA. He’s most likely a member of a club somewhere still or was once upon a time at the very least. Should we vet what people on Twitter say about your beloved GAA now? Should only fior Gaels such as yourself get to comment on GAA on Twitter?

For a seemingly intelligent decent fella you come out with some awful fucking gobshite statements. Slap yourself aside the head and come back later will you.

1 Like

Fogarty belongs at the Indo

2 Likes

What was inane about his point of view? That tackle on Callanan was disgraceful, I only realised the way he dragged him down after rewatching the game Monday night. He has a valid point.

3 Likes

He belongs with Dervan

He dragged him down, i dont think hanbury, as fogarty nearly suggests, thought right ill give away a penalty here due to the low conversion rate and while im at it ill channel danyle pierce or whatever and make sure i do him. He just wasnt going to let him score a goal and dragged him down. Happens regulary. By highlighting it is fogarty trying to get hanbury banned for the final? Is this just coincidentally the time he decides to begin a cruasade against concussions in hurling? ‘the euphemism of the year’ i hope you’re reading this fogarty you whinging little bitch.

4 Likes

It’s despicable, I think it’s the worst media manhunt of a player in the GAA this year. Bar none.

I take issue with the line “a clear red. Even in rugby.” Wtf has that to do with something that happened in a hurling match.

As by the current hurling rules it was a yellow card. Hanbury hauled him down. It happened so quickly I don’t think he thought “I’ll land Callanan on his head and wind him before he takes the penalty.” It looked terrible on the replay but I think most people would agree it wasn’t premeditated or intentional to tackle him head first into the ground.

Not sure why Fogarty and Hogan are getting worked up over it. Haven’t heard one other person - from Tipp or elsewhere - say it should have been a red. The strike by Donnellan on Woodlock looked more of a sending off.

If the penalty had been scored nothing would have been said about it. Callanan clearly wasn’t right when he was taking it.

Hurling, by and large, is grand the way it is and doesn’t need to ape rules from other sports because of one or two isolated incidents.

2 Likes

Fogarty’s from Tipperary, isn’t he?

Hardly surprising then.

Where did Callanan comment on it?

Is Callanan getting worked up over it?

If he did he’d be entitled to be, and not have this fella have a cut off him for it.

Typo, meant Fogarty and Hogan.

Edit made.

Fucking hell DD, for an apparently clued in Gah man that is a pitiful response muddied by your hatred of Rugby. Hanbury wrapped both arms around Callanan and hauled him down with both his arms wrapped up. It was, is a clear red card IMO.

Your issue with Hogan having an opinion is childish & pretty fucking stupid.

I have no issue with Hanbury, i have stated all year i believe he is not good enough. I don’t want to see him banned for an AI Final, in fact that useless cunt Kelly, his linesmen & his umpires should be asked hard questions about their eyesight.

Best of luck to Galway in the Final.

2 Likes

Is it a clear red card? I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen someone get a straight red for pulling down an opponent.

1 Like

The fact that it’s not a normal tackle is what leads me to say Yes. Pulling a jersey, dragging a player back with a free arm etc are all normal fouls. But, look at that tackle on Callanan again & tell me that is a tackle you have seen before in Hurling. I think for that reason alone that Hogan’s pov was very much relevant.
It was a foul/tackle on a player who was already dominant fielding the ball & scoring 3 goals. Hanbury took the law into his own hands & IMO it was a Red Card.

2 Likes

But its not a clear red pal, its a yellow to drag someone down. It was an awful challenge and callanans neck was in a dodgy position but theres no way you cpuld suggest hanbury went out to injure him, he just made sure he couldn’t score.

1 Like

He basically bear hugged him to the crowd. It is not a tackle i am familiar with as long as i’m going to matches. You know well the damage from a fall for any player can be lessened when you break it with your arms or hands. Callanan had no such luxury in this case, it was essentially a Rugby tackle which has no place in our games whether Hurling or Football.

Fogarty made one telling point for all his faults, Sean Cavanagh was vilified by Brolly & the Sunday Game for a similar tackle a few years ago. How could the Sunday Game panel actually ignore the severity of that tackle & the fact a yellow was deemed a good enough caution? The Sunday Game had no issue blackening Cavanagh’s name.

When the incident happened I don’t think there was one person in Croke Park or watching on tv who instantly thought “that’s a straight red.”

Now on the replay it looks ugly the way Callanan lands on his neck but I still don’t think it was Hanbury’s intention to hurt him badly. His intention was to pull him down and stop scoring a match winning goal. Cynical but not a red. As by the current rules that’s a yellow card.

1 Like

Because there is no dirt in hurling only in football. And the sooner ye stamp out that football shite in Tipp, the better.

4 Likes