Galway v Tipp

Any player who has gone to college should be automatically banned from taking penalties, as they’re liable to think about what they have to do and fluff it.

The ideal candidate to take a penalty is a pig ignorant fool who didn’t bother doing a Leaving Cert and constantly posts pictures of Conor McGregor on his social media accounts.

Thinking is the enemy of the penalty taker.

4 Likes

Its the lads making excuses for them here that I feel more sorry for.

If it was Kelly himself that was pulled down with the resulting penalty saved meaning they lost a semi final you’ll find he’d have a bit more to say on it.

1 Like

Callanan and Canning only went to LIT. Doesn’t really count as college

1 Like

I think we’re the first team bar Kilkenny since the davy/mullane on field fuckfest is 2008 to knock tipp out of the championship. Just shows what an outstanding group of hurlers and lads this tipp team are, they must be seething cody was ever born or worked in an effectively part time profession. Also calls into question the need for possibly two asterisks not just one after clares 2013 win.

2 Likes

Do none of them practice it? They know what the rules are governing penalties, they know where the posts are, they know there’s three lads standing in the goal. You’d swear it comes as some sort of huge surprise during a match that they have to do it. Are none of them spending time in training on it?

ah here Fitzy, please. the best game this year and you didnt even watch it.

4 Likes

The only comparative to Clare’s soft All Ireland of 2013 that readily springs to mind is Tipperary 1989.

I’d put an asterisk after Tipperary’s final win in 2010 as well. Kilkenny were playing with Shefflin and John Tennyson who had both done their cruciates only a month previously. Whatever got into Cody’s head effectively starting an All Ireland Final with just 13 players. This Tipperary team are to hurling what Jimmy White was to snooker in the early 90’s and the Buffalo Bills to American Football.

That Tipp team won 3 Munster Finals in a row and went on the win another All Ireland in '91. Not comparable to the Clare team. Clare came from nowhere and then disappeared back into nowhere at senior level. On 2010 Tennyson played well for Kilkenny. Shefflin had done nothing from play the year before when he was fully fit. I don’t think he would’be overturned an 8 point win

1 Like

The comparison with the Buffalo Bills and Jimmy White was as scuttery as his underpants before a marathon. That Tipperary team won an All Ireland.

2 Likes

I’d make it a foot fault type thing rather than where the ball is struck. Lads wouldn’t be so worried then. Most still seem more concerned with where the ball is hit from than the strike itself.

1 Like

I said this back when the rule changes were being proposed, not more than one foot/step over the line. Grand.

What a thread!

4 Likes