Galway v Tipperary - All Ireland Senior Hurling Semi-Final 2017

From where he hit the free it was kind of a sixth sense on Joes part that he ended up in the only place on the field where he could influence the game.

As an aside James Barry made 2 very poor clearances during the end game that both resulted in scores for Joe.

2 Likes

That’s a despicable accusation to make.

cc @Malarkey.

You’re hardly including that last clearance, are you?

Some lad in a white helmet (Cahill, Kennedy or B Maher) did a ground hurling half volley straight out to Canning for his earlier point from under the Cusack Stand. Whoever that was had ample time to take the ball in hand.

2 Likes

That was James Barry in a green helmet pal.

1 Like

:smile:

1 Like

Fair enough. Take back everything else I’ve said on this thread. Barry Kelly had a smashing game.

If Gleeson was sharper on his toes he could have gathered that break from the free instead of diving desperately to save it. Had he done so the game would have ended in a draw.

The smart play in most cases would have been to put that ball out over the sideline, but with Canning on the field that option wasn’t open to Barry either.

:rofl:

Did @Bandage even watch the game? I reckon his cousins from Tipp were texting him updates

2 Likes

I didn’t like to say, but it did undermine your other utterances on the match.
I didn’t think Barry Kelly had a good game at all.

Fair play to the Laois man for calling out the Sunday Game for laying down to Cork and Waterford fans trying to get Tuohy banned.

1 Like

Are you sure it wasn’t Ronan Maher?

Is there a twist here?

Fairly sure.

Can we get a clip?

It was Ronan Maher. I just watched the highlights on YouTube there

1 Like

Who got man of the match by the way?

Gerry Mc

Sincere apoligies to my efriend @Bandage and James Barry for calling him a stupid cunt at the time.

No need to apologise. I named 3 players with white helmets but let R Maher off the hook. Barry Kelly was brutal on Sunday. Is it true he teaches in Galway?

1 Like

He had plenty time to tske it into his hand did he? Was v loose clearance