Galway v Tipperary - All Ireland Senior Hurling Semi-Final 2017

Kilkenny have been at the shit end of the stick with Kelly’s decisions for years. Lads coming on here for ages giving it big licks* when Kelly got KK games - saying that’ll quieten Cody’s men

*I’ve no evidence but pretty sure it happened.

Luckily for ye Cody has put a complete stop to Barry Kelly reffing Kilkenny games now

8 Likes

I would say that entirely now…

Canning had come back to his own half to take a free to win it immediately before that play (which he bottled by not even going for it). He’d have been well aware of the time that was left. I’ve never scored all of the points in a county final all that being said.

Different circumstances and a mentally a more difficult shot. The last one was sublime skill and accuracy but mentally easier.

What did he say?
I hope he mentioned that Jackie cahill is a no mark underpant sniffer.

Given the positions over the players when he got the ball, and he knowing the time on the clock and all he didn’t have any other option.

But as you know from your multiple All Ireland wins that the perception of time is different on the pitch than it is in the stands.

:smile:

Any chance a Tipp man might win hoty?

1 Like

Good players find themselves in the right position at the right time. After hitting the free (poorly), even in the depths of injury time, he raced up under the Cusack Stand and was in the perfect place when Coen collected, burst forward, and turned back for support.

Time is different on the pitch than the stands, but only for the gifted players, the clutch ones. A corner back can try to hatch the ball, and allow himself be hooked in the vastness that is the middle of Croke Park. A player like Canning can assess, catch and despatch in an instant, on the sideline, with barely the space to swing. Clutch.

3 Likes

Better chance of COTY

9 Likes

Saw a rear view (from the Cusack stand) amateur video of Joe’s last point. Clearly a third man tackle goes in on a Tipp player trying to get in for a block. Should have been a free to Tipp. All happened fairly fast and missed by the officials. Hard one to call at any rare.

Can’t find the video now unfortunately.

Snap Buff there, he’ll send it onto you.

Sinking to new lows here - You’ve reverted to whataboutery and made up comments from phantom people — You were provided with picture evidence by @ChocolateMice and both you and Jackie Cahill shit yourself and refused to answer choco.

Just to entertain your little fantasy - The free for Cally was soft but there was an arm on his free hand for a second and then he slipped banging his head as he slipped.

The NOGRA have made clean shit of you and you’re making a show of yourself.

Up your game son.

:rofl:

The whinging is unreal.

Listening to your podcast earlier JJ Delany (i think) made this point. He said watching it he was thinking lads dont all run to johnny coen coz joe will be after making his way into the scoring position outside him

2 Likes

I made it two frees to one for Galway inside the 65 in the second half. The softish one to Galway referred to above, the lunge by Gleeson which was a yellow, but could have been a red and the one for Callanan referred to above.

3 Likes

The audit trail doesn’t lie.

Good points, eloquently put.