Galway

you’re mate, you’re. But you’re probably right.

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 745677, member: 168”]Great spot. Chilled crowd, good music and decent beers on offer.

Overall tho, Galway is a nightmare on weekends. Every cunting place is jammers and getting to the bar or pisser is a pain.

Massimos can be alright if I remember correctly. Tigh Coili and Freenys by day and early evening.[/quote]

only way to enjoy galway at weekends is to start early…

I have a great affection for Galway, her people (Laz and Purcell) and the town itself. It’s a fucking hell-hole on a St.Patrick’s weekend trust me.
The “Trad Culture” consists of the Gardai being afraid to accost drunken youths as they meander, aggressively around the streets.

I was there for Lá le Padraig two years ago and found the behaviour not only scandaleous (allowed) but downright intimidating and fuck me, I don’t need that…

Murphy’s or O’Connell’s for early evening pints then the Dew Drop, finishing up at the Roisin. Vinny’s for takeaway.

[quote=“Boxtyeater, post: 745692, member: 246”]I have a great affection for Galway, her people (Laz and Purcell) and the town itself. It’s a fucking hell-hole on a St.Patrick’s weekend trust me.
The “Trad Culture” consists of the Gardai being afraid to accost drunken youths as they meander, aggressively around the streets.

I was there for Lá le Padraig two years ago and found the behaviour not only scandaleous (allowed) but downright intimidating and fuck me, I don’t need that…[/quote]
You should have seen Ragweek Boxty old boy, makes Paddys look like Dana

ah… ragweek…those were the days…

Ta for all the suggestions folks. Had a smashing day. Sun was shining when we got there so had a nice jog. Hit Oslo in Salthill for a few nice beers and then the cottage on the way into town before repasting at Ard Bia in the Spanish arch. One of the nicest meals I’ve ever had. A kooky mackerel salad starter followed by one of the nicest main courses I’ve ever had. Monkfish with a beetroot risotto with pomegranete and garlic yoghurt. Mindblowingly good. While the mains are pricey enough, the bill was suprisingly low when it came. 84€ for two starters, two mains, two coffees and a bottle of wine. If anyone is eating in Galway I highly recommend this place.

How was your hole after that…

Not too bad. My shit was deep purple though.

What about your piss? Was there smoke on the water?

Puntastic stuff there Runt.

Ardbia is lovely. Just discovered the salt house last weekend, lovely spot and a great selection of beers. Pity there aren’t more places like it around.

Hmmm…

Last time I was in there on a session (Saturday evening around 10pm), some lad asked me the answer to 9down on the Irish times crossword.

You can imagine my rage.

[quote=“Kinvara’s Passion, post: 751880, member: 686”]Hmmm…

Last time I was in there on a session (Saturday evening around 10pm), some lad asked me the answer to 9down on the Irish times crossword.

You can imagine my rage.[/quote]
I hope you made it clear to him. It was quiet when I was there on the monday afternoon after Patrick’s day, we were on a rollover and the nerves settled nicely in there.

Well done to the 40 villagers in turloughmore who arrested 3 scobes after they tried to rob an old couple,must have been some sight to see them being chased through the fields,pity they didn’t try and resist

Hello Galwegians, will be in the city for a weekend in a fortnight, any recommendations for food on a Friday and Saturday night.

Casual dining Cava or Creole are worth a look

Creole. Nom nom.

Cava.

Cava looks great, will check that out.