Gareth Southgate

City have a couple of lads coming through who look very good.

Liam Delap?

Southgate is doing an exceptional job with an average enough team. Gordon Henderson is still starting ffs

All the great teams have a water carrier like Gordon Henderson. He’s an integral part of our England team. Coach Southgate has underachieved with a golden generation of talented players.

2 Likes

If they are having to bring in ringers like Gordon Henderson to play for them tis enough about them.

Dembele is utterly useless and should be nowhere near that French side.

The french will always shoe in one or two mercurial water carriers. Is marital in the squad?

He’s not, I haven’t heard of him in ages. Kingsley Coman is in the squad, would surely bring more than Dembele.

Ive never heard of him…so I’ll be taking your word for it. Kingsley it is.

1 Like

This French squad isnt a patch on their 1998 predecessors.

They’re still very good mind. Griezmann has been instrumental in that. He is their most important player in this tournament. Followed closely by Mbappe.

Would be some achievement in fairness if they can win two in a row. Croatia will have a say though.

1 Like

Plays on wing for Bayern long time now. Famous enough I’d have thought

Oh that Kingsley Coman. Definitely fo sure

Southgate has had three tournaments. To be fair Jogi Loew must have had about 4 tournaments before eventually winning one (2006, 08’, 10 and 12). Germany decided to stick with their process at this juncture in 2010 and we’re eventually rewarded.

Jogi only took over after the 06 World Cup. Klinsman was in charge in 06 but Jogi may have been running the show behind the scenes.

Oh correct. I had forgotten about Jogi only being the assistant to Klinsman in 2006. His first competitive game was a narrow 1-0 victory over Ireland in 2006 so. The game where Stan got in trouble for thumping a water bottle on the sideline.

I understand the grief and pain you’re feeling but I’m at a loss to understand who these golden generation of players you’re referring to.
Probably the Bellingham lad might become a hall of famer but it’s hard to see a lot of note to any of the rest. Look through them there, Maguire, Kane, Henderson, Stones - honest lads I suppose but functional is their apex.

We’re England, not Germany.

Ye could do with being more like the Uber successful Germans with their 4 World Cups and 3 European Championships victories to ye’re paltry World Cup in 66’.

In this case I do feel that England would be much better appointing Poch or Tommy Tuchel than sticking with Southgate though.

Confirmed. The kid stays in the picture.

But Gareth Southgate Badger, if you’re here, who’s grooming the badgers for the badger parade?