Gazza

Hun cunt

:clap:

Just watching the doc here… Gazza-mania was off the charts… a big kid really with ridiculous attention cast on him.

Watched it myself as well earlier. Really enjoyed it I must say.

I found it gas that after the hype following Italia 90 and Gazza needing to lay low for a bit to calm the press hysteria he wears this on the open top bus tour

2 Likes

The ra were one of the few things to rattle him.

If he was around today clubs, advisors, agents would sit on him

Go on. How did they rattle him?

Watch it and youll see.

Wheres it on?

Netflix.

Ta. I’ll give it a rattle tomorrow evening

Dunno . I think there was huge underlying issues there. The most talented English footballer since Bobby Charlton and not equalled for talent since .

The injury was a disaster for him and the move to Italy was utterly nuts . Maybe if he went to Man United he might have stood a chance but I doubt it .

I knew this would come up, I knew some fucker would roll out the “Oh Sir Alec could have saved him”.

He would in his fuck.

1 Like

He saved Paul McGrath and Norman Whiteside after all.

3 Likes

I didn’t say he would have . To be honest El Tel did as good as anyone could have with PG . There were serious underlying issues .

And he did wonders for Ravel Morrisson. Lee Sharpe was well taken care of. He was a great fella was Alec.

Keith Gillespie too.

I’d say Bryan Robson was the only person he actually bothered saving.

He was running a football club not Bruree House ffs .

6 Likes

He was the 1st team manager mate. They had other people employed to run the club.

1 Like

Ferguson wanted to buy Gascoigne before he ever won any league. Around the time he was buying stalwarts like Neil Webb and Mike Phelan.

He didn’t touch Gascoigne during the 90s when he easily could have given that they were the top team at the time.

Ultimately Gascoigne was worth the hassle.

But fuck me, that goal against Scotland was something else. To hit it on the volley! Serious talent undoubtedly.

How would he have saved Gazza?