General Election 2016

This is the type of one @smark could have ended up with

1 Like

Any value here?

The mood is turning against FG.

What’s this now? I missed all the debates tonight.

The usual stuff. People debated things on the telly, no matter what happened tfk rastoolers pronounce sf as being amazing and having trounced all comers. Strangely, it has yet to transfer into mass support for sf.

1 Like

A loud mouth bitch with strong political opinions.

The labour chap did alright last night and will certainly be getting my no.2

Hopefully not flung at him in a plastic bag out the jacks window…

9 Likes

Lolz.

Please reconsider voting for Labour - the party who support dissident republicans and axe Garda numbers.

I’ve noticed that Sinn Féin are running two (out of three) candidates with the last name ‘Doherty’ in Donegal and that Fianna Fáil are running two (out of thee) candidates with the last name ‘Byrne’ in Wexford.

Is this happening anywhere else? Given the confusion that normally comes over people as they try to remember how to vote in PR-STV I find this odd, more so when you consider that these parties might be fighting to get two candidates elected in these constituencies and his may serve to take votes away from the stronger candidates.

Cool story, bro

There’s a recount in Kerry today relating to the 2014 local elections. Apparently a lot of voters there spread their votes across two ballot papers (local and european), i.e. when filling out the European ballot paper they listed their preferences 1,2,3 but then proceeded onto the Local elections and started with number 4 and then 5.6.7 etc down along.

:joy:

It’s funny to see Labour getting caught up in the Special Criminal Court pointscoring competition. The UN have told us to get rid of it, Labour voted against it a while back, their beloved Mary Robinson was opposed to it but if SF say black then Labour feel compelled to argue white. It makes them really unappealing.

2 Likes

Some further details on the Labour / FG TDs who were opposed to it a few years ago.

It[quote=“Rocko, post:1263, topic:21776, full:true”]
It’s funny to see Labour getting caught up in the Special Criminal Court pointscoring competition. The UN have told us to get rid of it, Labour voted against it a while back, their beloved Mary Robinson was opposed to it but if SF say black then Labour feel compelled to argue white. It makes them really unappealing.
[/quote]

It’s funny to see your consistent whataboutery with regard to Labour. You seem to be on a special crusade. Not sure why. It makes it difficult to take any criticism you have of Labour seriously. In other news, Newstalk took some pleasure in pulling apart the SF manifesto today. I believe it’s on their website #reality check.

Yatesy on Dublin Central

1 SF
1 Ind
1 FG

Hung Dail?