General Election 2020 Hub

What was your opinion when Brendan Rodgers went to Leicester ?

3 Likes

The Shinners aren’t really a left wing party per se . If they go in to power the left will attack them .

SF are looking to up tax on people earning over 100k — that’s less than 2% of the country … so they are batting for the other 98% but to listen to others it’s only the downtrodden they are out for :smile:

2 Likes

To me, part of the left’s problem is that they can’t agree on anything so as to form a single united front.

How many ‘left’ parties has Paul Murphy been in now?

1 Like

Wrong thread bro

1 Like

So the lad who wants to expand his coffee shop or plumbing business or garden landscape business or hairdressers and hire some more people goes fuck it not worth the risk and hassle for the money I am going to keep?

What will they do with the extra tax raised is a bigger question. Will it be spent wisely or pissed up a wall

Was he carrying 2 pints ?

TNH written all over that one.

2 Likes

Always been the case with the Greens. They didn’t even have a leader for a long time. It’s a bit more coherent under Ryan now but there’s still a greater diversity of members and opinions there that means it’s challenging to unify behind consistent messages.

Having said that the campaign launch is tomorrow morning. I’ll cover this for TFK as there seems to be plenty of demand. And their soft campaigning strategy is deliberate in many ways. They put up fewer posters and don’t expect that they need to debate every issue and compete for air time on every issue because ultimately that’s not as productive for the Greens in particular for winning votes. Other than the silly questions about wolves, Ryan is generally seen as a moderate voice which doesn’t generate reaction columns but does seem to win votes.

Cuffe outperformed opinion polls and general public perception in the European election and they’ll be hoping that pattern continues. But SF may now be attracting more of those disillusioned voters now than they were a year ago.

4 Likes

Have you read murphys manifesto. Its so mental he literally could not be let near a decision. But thats what he wants! The left is the true irish populism, just come out with fairytale promises enough to get them elected by sheep then sit back. They do not under any circumstances want to be in government.

Look at daly and wallace, as soon as the eu gravy train rolled by they abandoned their idealism of helping their areas and quietly jumped on the ballot at the end of that election cycle when it had run its course in the news.

Thats not to say there’s some very decent candidates in the pbp and the sd but the few headliners you mentioned are professional cranks. So is mary lou.

Did murphy burn an election poster last night in a stunt? Even called the fire brigade out

I’d say that’s the general practice

I think you’ll find I thanked him sincerely and wished him every success for the future. If memory serves me correctly, @Rocko was upgrading the server at the time so some posts were lost in the ether and others came out a bit glitchy whereby what was published was the exact opposite of what was submitted.

1 Like

He may feel an arrest is necessary to galvanise his campaign.

Eamon Ryan did his interview with Matt Cooper yesterday. He came across very well. Passionate but not crazy. Even his response to the cork Limerick motorway was goodish but he should realise that the country will still need some roads. And this is one of them.

There was an absolute shit fest on SOR this morning. Jack Chambers, Ivana, Denis Naughten, David Healy and Richard Briton. Naughten kept needling the Dubs about why don’t they advocate banning diesel cars in Dublin City. Why do they always think roodle Ireland should carry the can for climate change. That oaf chambers took the bait every time.

Healy is a very weak spokesman by the way.

A watery cunt. Chambers is a fucking weirdo.

1 Like