General Election 2020 Hub

Hmmm where have i seen this before?

Who’s funding Aontu???

I built a house I know what was in the tender and what it came in at ! I built direct labour and it was grand until Ms Goode got involved and brought in Interior Designers, Newcastle Designs and Tilestyle !!

In a rigid tender process with small to medium builders being able to take on sites of 10/20/30 houses then savings can be achievable.

Council houses aren’t just the sprawling estates like Ballymun and Ballyfermot. There are council houses of small estates in Malahide and Portmarnock. These small estates could be built all over the country with small to medium size builders. They may well want to work with the council rather than developers.

2 Likes

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

I see Renua are now retweeting neo-Nazis, how long before Aontu are doing so too. Sinn Fein’s surge means Toibin is toast. Like Renua, they’re a one person “party” and when that person loses their seat, never to regain it, the true colours of the rump who joined it will out.

3 Likes

I’d love to know where the money to fund them has come from. The lady running for them in my area has more posters up than the other parties…

1 Like

I’d guess a lot of it is coming from shadowy US right wing/evangelical sources.

Martin is now the front runner for COTY 2020.

2 Likes

Iona institute types I guess

1 Like

I’m surprised more of the protest vote hasn’t swung the Greens’ way. The bushfires have faded into the background behind things like coronaviruses and Brexits, and they will always struggle to convince that they stand for anything other than action against climate change. I’d wager that some of the boost SF are getting comes out of the old “England’s difficulty is Ireland’s opportunity” mentality and the perception that SF will act the strongest in trying to wangle a 32-county republic out of the fallout of Brexit. But the major reason simply is they are the most high-profile established alternative. Labour really are a shitshow, you’d forget they even exist.

The story has been focused on SF in the latest poll but looking elsewhere, it’s very poor for FF, shows that the Greens are having a bad campaign and again points to Labours difficulty in being considered

There is definitely something in that. It does SF no harm at all too that this election is coming a week after the spectre of English fascism reared its head in the streets of London.

A line shoehorned into multiple Leaving Cert Honours History essays over the years

Anyone looking for a further reason not to vote for her - here is the famed Senator Catherine Noone VW campaign mini bus parked up near Sutton Cross adorned with an IRFU flag.

5 Likes

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/columnists/gene-kerrigan/gene-kerrigan-this-is-a-long-term-crisis-slowly-unfolding-38918195.html?token=-1471349939

He’s a great man to pull together a couple of myths to fit his narrative

1 Like

The poll last night was disastrous for the pic’n’mix left, 1%. SF are mopping up their vote. Even Boyd Barrett could struggle to get back on those figures.

Not sure if this SF surge will produce the amount of seats people might think. Where will SF not get a seat? Still plenty of places you wouldn’t back them.

Cork North West
Cork South West
Limerick County
Clare
Tipperary
Mayo
Galway East
Roscommon
Kildare South
Kildare North
Dun Laoighaire
Dublin Rathdown
Galway West

Maybe there is a chance of a big surprise in one or two of the above (one of the Kildares maybe) but I wouldn’t be backing SF in any of them.

They should get one everywhere else and maybe two in three or four constituencies. 13.7% vote last time, if they can up that to even 17 or 18% they should be picking up a good few seats, but I’m not sure it’s enough for 30 even.

Donegal 2nd seat
Cavan Monaghan 2nd seat
Dublin West
Wexford
Meath West (more a retake than a pick up)
Meath East
Longford-Westmeath
Dublin Bay South?

I think about 29/30 seats is realistic. You can get 8/13 on 25 seats or more - SF got 23 last time. That’s free money.

The more I look at it, Labour face a wipeout. 2 or 3 seats is a possibility.

There is no point in reading anything into a total like that given the margin of error.

1 Like

Any chance of the full whack? My papers didn’t arrive this morning

Last time they were routinely polling 3-4%. It’s not a good sign. Coppinger, Murphy, Gino Kenny and Mick Barry will all need serious personal votes to have a chance. Brid Smith is gone I’d say.