General Election 2020 Hub

I’ve no idea, but she certainly wasn’t seen to be in the running in any analysis I’ve read of the Tipperary constituency. There only seems to be one seat up for grabs (Healy) as it’s expected that McGrath, Lowry, Cahill and Kelly will all be returned.

I’d never heard of her until it was announced she had died

Next poll due in about 30 minutes. Will the SF trend continue?

1 Like

Yes

I predict SF with a clear lead.

I’m not sure Cahill is all that safe. He seemed to put a massive effort in the last time to get elected but I haven’t seem much of him this time. This may be just because she is local to me but I think Imelda Goldsboro also of FF could go close. Not sure she’s really a TD type but she’s a very hard worker and really came from nowhere to top the poll twice in her council constituency and she has a big FF name in the Smith’s in the north of the county backing her

1 Like

Sinn Fein I think are going to benefit from the massive bandwagon effect in Ireland. People like a winning team

I predict a lot of forelock tugging

What a prick

1 Like

Rumours of:

SF 25%
FF 23%
FG 20%

1 Like

At the same time I couldn’t see them go beyond the mid 30s at most. There are plenty of rural constituencies, often three seaters, that just won’t elect a SF TD.

They screwed up with the number of candidates they’re running. It’s scarcely believable that they aren’t running Lynn Boylan or Liadh Ni Riada.

Wonder what odds you’d get on Sean Crowe to get the most votes in Ireland. He’s not on the betting list.

Seismic

I see Richard was canvassing at Kilmallock mart today.

Cc @balbec & @dodgy_keeper

3 Likes

To be fair it’s pretty much the same as the Red C poll allowing for margin for error. And I’d still say FF will end up on 27/28% and SF 20/21ish. But FG traditionally underperform their polls. The red lights must be seriously flashing at this stage. They’re in 2002 territory now. Varadkar has been solid, but their online ads seem to have gone down like a lead balloon. People see what they want to see in these ads though.

1 Like

Micheal Martin to refer to SF as Sinn Fein/IRA at some stage in the debate tomorrow - 8/11

1 Like