General Election 2020 Hub

I’m not agreeing with any comments made - but it’s a police issue, not a political one. Murphy and the rest need to shut up and let the police get on with it. A clear attempt to muddy Mary Lou down here.

It was an unmerciful death If I recall.

Eh it’s obvious Farmer. Murphy has always been a respectable face. He gets wheeled out to deflect when a Republican does a boo boo.

They know well.

I think he was well and truly fucked by then in fairness.

1 Like

True but they threw enough dirt on top of him just to make sure.

1 Like

RAyle has come a long way. Glory Glory Sinn Fein.

Yikes, a sticky one for @Tim_Riggins

7 Likes

I never thought I’d see the day when Ryle came to be a hero of the proletarian anti-rugby set and an enemy to the South Dublin rugby loving classes from which he emerged. The Jessica Mitford, the St. F-RAncis of Assissi of Irish rugby.

Not really.

She has been and always will be a good speaker and performer.

Unlike some people who can’t admit when someone who you don’t agree with politically has certain qualities, I’ve never had that issue.

I imagine Ryle was near EOB in Blackrock as well actually.

I’ve done a bit of digging and it turns out Ryle, Eoin O’Broin and Paul Murphy made up a small but vibrant Communist party in Blackrock College circa 1985-86. Ryle’s Ballyfermot birthplace apparently inspired his burning sense of social justice.

FF & FG stranglehold on Irish politics is almost at an end thankfully.
Since 2002 there have been 4 general elections and this will be the first one where the combined support for FF & FG will dip below 49/50% for the first time.

By the time the next general election is upon us there will be more electorate turnover and less people who vote unconditionally for one of the traditional parties.
These people never questioned the status quo or maybe simply didn’t want to. The ties to civil war politics continues to decline unabated. Sinn Feins success this time around will be getting new voters from different demographics and stratums of society.

In future what they shouldn’t do is play the populist card and become social justice warriors but develop good nuanced strategies. If they cant come up with some themselves they could plagiarise other countries ones. I don’t know how many times I have heard Germany, Netherlands, Denmark referenced by FFG over the last few days but it sounds appealing and at the very least it looks like you have studied best in class.

I heard somewhere recently that Eoin O’B and Dion Fanning would have been in Rock at the same time and had similar left-wing views

1 Like

Dion is actually a very good broadcaster. I’m surprised RTE haven’t yet picked him up for a #marian style long form interview slot.

The Balkanisation of Irish politics.

Awful reading for @TheUlteriorMotive and @maroonandwhite

“What can happen in some hospitals is sometimes, when they have more beds and more resources, that’s what kind of slows it down.”

When asked why, he replied: "Because they [hospital staff] don’t feel as much under pressure.

"When a hospital is very crowded, there will be a real push to make sure people get their x-rays, get their tests and, you know, ‘lets get them out in four days.’

I’m sure the cap doffers will believe the high number of patients on trolleys mean high productivity.

2 Likes

:grinning:

He must have listened to TFK and be taking advice from Michael O’Leary on how to run the country.

Nurses just need to stop being lazy so and the crisis will be sorted.

Strong Honours.